This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
ironman wrote:Old, classic hotel bar in a Kentucky Ohio River town, BM?

Close. Jeff Ruby's
By vaku
2weight wrote:Bourbon stock was severely depleted. I was down to 1/5 bottle of PVW 20 and some Beam. So I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 10, Rowan's Creek, and Templeton Rye on Tues.
I have the eagle 10 and some rowans. But my big score was a 1.75 bottle of Willit Pot Still. The guy in the SC store said it was the last he would have for 6-9 months. I bought both big bottles. Gave one as a thank you gift for a large gig.

I have a chef friend here who is opening a restaurant, he just sold off 2 cases of Pappy 23 at 1k a bottle. Took him all of 2 hours to sell it all to one person.

pt
By T.J. Brayshaw
Alright then. And now for something from the cheapskates amongst us…

I found this thing online that compares "ratings" against price, so decided to find the best buy for my money. This point in the lower right caught my eye. It's Old Forester Signature 100 proof.

I found a bottle ($23) and early tests are encouraging.

By SLSS
T.J. Brayshaw wrote:Alright then. And now for something from the cheapskates amongst us…

I found this thing online that compares "ratings" against price, so decided to find the best buy for my money. This point in the lower right caught my eye. It's Old Forester Signature 100 proof.

I found a bottle ($23) and early tests are encouraging.
Now you're talking my language. Have to give that a go. Thanks tj.

There are a few more in that little cluster of dots. Got anymore ID's?
By SLSS
Thank you sir!
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
Someone sent me this link to a bourbon article which details how many of the new 'craft' bourbons actually come from a factory distillery in Indiana or, as is the case with Whistlepig, Canada.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... diana.html

Kind of interesting, I guess. Im not sure if I feel duped yet or now as the only one mentioned that Ive ever bought is the Bulleit Rye.
By T.J. Brayshaw
Here's a good example of said practice:

I bought this a few hoursdays ago not so much because it said it was from Colorado but just because it said "American whiskey" and I was curious it that made it taste different than bourbon. Turns out, it's actually distilled somewhere else (probably in Indiana) but then they add a bit of Colorado water. Hence, their claim that it is "made with Colorado water!" is, technically, true. But it's just high proof whiskey diluted with water.

It's not bad, though, and comes with a little tin cup you can drink out of !!
By SOBF
Kind of interesting, I guess. Im not sure if I feel duped yet or now as the only one mentioned that Ive ever bought is the Bulleit Rye.
Which is quite good I might add.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
Yeah, it is good. And they make no effort to hide the fact they dont make it. I never noticed before as I never thought to look, but it says it right there clear as day right on the bottle, the bottle of $24 whiskey which is a far cry from the $70 Whistlepig aka produced in Canadia rye.

I feel your pain. The days of hovering around a c[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpi[…]

Luau 2021

If I’m not on a Caribbean cruise or lake Pow[…]

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/feds-arrest-man-du[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine