Bourbon drinkers

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
pbrstreetgang

Re: Bourbon drinkers

Post by pbrstreetgang » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:05 pm

SLSS wrote:
fishpimp wrote:So what is makers mark?.
Delicious.
yeah, delicious
root wad wrote:From the banks of most of the rivers I fish there is no such thing as shitty bourbon. Some of it just hangs around longer. And belongs to someone else.
wisdom.
well said.
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:48 am

Still think this is one of the best buys going:

Meh. Won't buy this one again:

Was informed by the Mrs. that we're now on a budget. So...

The bourbon is fine, and at $10.99 is close to within budget. The corn whiskey is OK. I'll finish the bottle, but won't buy another. But at $10.99, this is also within budget and far, far better than the Fitch's Goat corn whiskey that I paid far more for.
Last edited by T.J. Brayshaw on Sun May 10, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:04 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:Still think this is one of the best buys going:

Meh. Won't buy this one again:

Was informed by the Mrs. that we're now on a budget. So...

The bourbon is fine, and at $10.99 is close to within budget. The corn whiskey is OK. I'll finish the bottle, but won't buy another. But at $10.99, this is also within budget and far, far better than the Fitch's Goat corn whiskey that I paid far more for.
So she made you get your balls cut and now gives you a budget for likker in one week?

That's harsh man. I'll take first right of refusal on your sporting equipment...
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Ha. You know who is mowing my grass right now? I'll give you a hint. It ain't me. Doctor says I need to take it easy until I feel better.

I think the truck needs warshed too.

Honey!!!!!!

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 pm

I haven't been following this thread since I don't drink a lot of bourbon (usually Knob or Maker's in a flask when backpacking - everything tastes great then). So, I don't know if someone has already posted about the book on bourbon's renaissance that came out recently called Bourbon Empire: The Past and Future of America's Whiskey. I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see anything, but there was an article about it today. Some interesting facts from the book are covered in just the short article - those who really like bourbon might be interested in the book.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/0 ... paign=news

The article starts out like this, "Craft bourbon, like craft beer, is in the midst of a boom: In the past 15 years, the number of distilleries in the U.S. has surged from just a handful to around 600.

Why are Americans buying more bourbon? According to author Reid Mitenbuler, one reason is that we're being seduced by clever bottles and throwback labels. Along with enticing branding, some of these bottles of "craft bourbon" boast hefty price tags."
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

ironman

Post by ironman » Sun May 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Add a splash of water and two cubes. This one has survived a year in the likker closet. I don't see two.

Best enjoyed with your Dad on the Eve of ur 41st
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Sun May 10, 2015 8:10 pm

ironman wrote:Add a splash of water and two cubes. This one has survived a year in the likker closet. I don't see two.

If you can make a bottle of any bourbon last a year, you really have no business posting in this thread.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Sun May 10, 2015 8:53 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:
ironman wrote:Add a splash of water and two cubes. This one has survived a year in the likker closet. I don't see two.

If you can make a bottle of any bourbon last a year, you really have no business posting in this thread.
I believe IronMike may be a hoarder. :coffee
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

K_P

Post by K_P » Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:
This is truth.

It is also truth that "If you can't make a bottle of any bourbon last three days, you really have no business posting in this thread."

With that, I'm outa here. :lol:

FineCutSnuff

Post by FineCutSnuff » Fri May 29, 2015 10:11 am

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Fri May 29, 2015 11:11 am

I've been on a bourbon/rye kick lately. The Pendleton rye is my new favorite. It's a 100% Canadian rye and smooth as silk. Way less spicy than US rye. The Angels Envy was pretty good as well.

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1117 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1117 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1117 times

P-A

Post by P-A » Fri May 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Looks like good stugg Randall, hard to come by good candian stuff in bork bork land though.
In my glass its the last of the The stag and it seems almost impossible
to get a new one so cheeeers its going down in style.... :cool :cool
http://500px.com/P-ANilsson

That look total awesome in my eyes "Bruiser"

What made that hole in the middle of the pie?
Be honest, now... "Bob White"

yinzer - you know I'm a cop.
Kyle - I don't give a fuck.
yinzer - No, really, I'm a cop.
Kyle - No, really, I don't give a fuck. "KYLE"