This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By BigCliff
No Idea wrote:What do they charge for Weller in TX? I pay $13.50 a fifth in KY. Knob Creek is $22.50 after discount. I usually drink either neat.
Not totally sure, but about 20% higher on both sounds right.
By upstanding
A 'hat for those who enjoy site fishing on the flats...try what I have found of Holiday spirit...excluding those of you who have needed significant hits of Haldol to control your Tourette's... as this in combo with Haldol may cause you to embrace gospel music... Two ponys... WT Rye(not Bourbon) capful Italian, four shakes Bitters...no ice, either shaken up or cubes in, 'cause the Rye is in the freezer...the Sweet in freezer taken before frozen...the bitters is chilled...classic up glass...good times next year...
By Mattb
Picked up a bottle of 10 year old Eagle Rare on sale at the grocery store today (Hannaford for the Maine drinkers). I'm sipping on bit right now, and I'm pretty impressed.

I went in with a mind to buy a bottle of scotch after reading the other thread, but this was a steal, and I still haven't really found a scotch I enjoy as much as bourbon.
By Bobwhite
The neighbor gave me a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon for Christmas... bless his soul.

It's as good as I've ever had... but I have no idea what the next bottle will set me back...

http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/aboutbulleitbourbon.html
By El General
What do they charge for Weller in TX? I pay $13.50 a fifth in KY. Knob Creek is $22.50 after discount. I usually drink either neat.
I can't quote you on the fifth, but I get excited every time I can get a handle for less than $30. It has gone up $7-8 since I started buying bottles back in high school instead of stealing them from my old man.

My opinion is that the regular Jim Beam is much too sweet. It was also the official Bourbon of Texas football games in the late 90s (because it could be bought in travellers), where I regularly drank two travellers worth. I can't even stand the smell any more.

I don't like smooth Bourbon. If I wanted smooth, I'd drink Canadien Whiskey. Bulleit has about as much bite as any whiskey I have ever had.

BW,

I like that avatard too. That's why I stole it. I looked around on your site the other day. You had some trout pictures that I stared at damn near as long as I stare at my avatar, but for different reasons.

Regards,

EG
By Livin4Fishin
I read an article in one of those stupid magazines they have on the plane, about small distilleries trying to bring back the true art of making whiskey. One of them is located here in Colorado. If you have the chance, Colorado Whiskey is worth a go. You can't miss it, it is a tall bottle with a silver tin shooter on top. It is a little pricy at $50 a bottle but well worth having on hand for a special occasion, like those good lookin pups.
By El General
Livin4Fishin wrote:I read an article in one of those stupid magazines they have on the plane, about small distilleries trying to bring back the true art of making whiskey. One of them is located here in Colorado. If you have the chance, Colorado Whiskey is worth a go. You can't miss it, it is a tall bottle with a silver tin shooter on top. It is a little pricy at $50 a bottle but well worth having on hand for a special occasion, like those good lookin pups.
There is a guy here in Central Texas that is doing the same thing. I think it is going to run about $150 a bottle.
By Cirrhosis
Bobwhite wrote:The neighbor gave me a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon for Christmas... bless his soul.

It's as good as I've ever had... but I have no idea what the next bottle will set me back...

http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/aboutbulleitbourbon.html
Bulleit is good stuff, Bob. Best shared with fellow angling friends who like to abuse their liver too.

By SOBF
I hope you left the bikes in the vehicle if that bottle was full when you started the day.
By BigCliff
El General wrote:
What do they charge for Weller in TX? I pay $13.50 a fifth in KY. Knob Creek is $22.50 after discount. I usually drink either neat.
I can't quote you on the fifth, but I get excited every time I can get a handle for less than $30. It has gone up $7-8 since I started buying bottles back in high school instead of stealing them from my old man.

My opinion is that the regular Jim Beam is much too sweet. It was also the official Bourbon of Texas football games in the late 90s (because it could be bought in travellers), where I regularly drank two travellers worth. I can't even stand the smell any more.

I don't like smooth Bourbon. If I wanted smooth, I'd drink Canadien Whiskey. Bulleit has about as much bite as any whiskey I have ever had.

BW,

I like that avatard too. That's why I stole it. I looked around on your site the other day. You had some trout pictures that I stared at damn near as long as I stare at my avatar, but for different reasons.

Regards,

EG
The local costco has a liq sto attached that is always $5-10 cheaper than regular stores. (no membership req'd somehow) Handle of Weller was about what I normally pay for a liter.
By P-A
I drank my first nice bourbon on new years eve. Its was called George T Stag. I have always been a maltwhisky man but that whiskey rocked my socks of. :bomb Is that whiskey considered top notch down your alley also or isnt considerd as a bourbon?
:cool
By Cirrhosis
SOBF wrote:Image
I hope you left the bikes in the vehicle if that bottle was full when you started the day.
The lack of mud on the tires answers both of your questions, friend.
"official" intro

Glad that Mitch is gone. Can’t imagine wha[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine