This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By P-A
One more lovely short story Bob. This one has a very nice message built into it also.
:cool
By beavertail poler
Thanks for the essay bob, nice stuff....

BTW, and if this has been hashed over on the suck before please forgive, I was flipping through a mag on the display rack at books a million. The mag was Destination Angling or something similar in name. Flipping through a saw a pic that looked strangely like an avatar that I had seen many times on the suck. Flipped back to the header and found out you were the associate editor I believe.

Anyway, great mag as well. Makes me wish for a rich uncle.
By Bobwhite
Thanks guys,

Glad that you liked the story about Ron... he was a great guy. Next week's conclusion is much more light-hearted.
beavertail poler wrote:Thanks for the essay bob, nice stuff....

BTW, and if this has been hashed over on the suck before please forgive, I was flipping through a mag on the display rack at books a million. The mag was Destination Angling or something similar in name. Flipping through a saw a pic that looked strangely like an avatar that I had seen many times on the suck. Flipped back to the header and found out you were the associate editor I believe.

Anyway, great mag as well. Makes me wish for a rich uncle.
Ha Ha... I'm busted on the photo! Thank you for the kind comments about Traveling Sportsman. It was a great magazine, but unfortunately we lost a dear friend and our publisher. This is from our weekly newsletter, the Thursday Morning Art Review.
Traveling Sportsman magazine will no longer be published. Our dear friend, and publisher, Neal Myers, took ill at Thanksgiving, and tragically passed away on February 16, 2009. Lisa and I have fished with Neal in Alaska many times, and traveled with him to Argentina. Neal was a fun loving and generous man, the kind of guy that always had a ready smile and interesting story. Traveling Sportsman was his dream, and while it existed, he and the editor-in-chief, Doug Kelly molded it into something very special. I'm very proud of my small contribution to this publication and will miss it... but not nearly, as we will Neal.
Neal was a great guy with a dream that was just coming to fruition. Anyone out there want to back a really good magazine?
By beavertail poler
Wow.....

You know we only get to walk this earth a little while.....

Its easy to get caught up in all that goes into our days and stressing over the stupid stuff. We need to remember that even the hard times are good cause we never know when we will get tapped on the shoulder and our time will be up. Your friend was fortunate in some ways in that he had a little time to say goodbye, I hope he had a gentle passing.

Bob, I am VERY sorry for the loss.
By Bobwhite
beavertail poler wrote:Wow.....

You know we only get to walk this earth a little while.....

Its easy to get caught up in all that goes into our days and stressing over the stupid stuff.
That's for sure... thanks guys.
By shunned
happy birthday and all that shit. cheers for the reads, you are sooo much more entertaining than the fucking telly.
mine's a stella, mate. onya.

:cool
By No Idea
Appreciate that Bob... the older gentleman spelled(lived) it all out. Priorities make the man. clearly the gent Bob wrote about had ALL his priorities straight.
By Lenny
I have no problem whatsoever admitting that I puddled up reading that.

You have a rare talent Bob. Thanks.
Luau 2021

What weekend is this? Something came up.

Friday Cheer Through Pics

06-28-20-52300 copy.jpg

Forest Service cabins have been on the reservation[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpi[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine