Tejas Coastal BAKES 2009

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Trucha Del Mar

Tejas Coastal BAKES 2009

Post by Trucha Del Mar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:29 pm

*Thread topic edited to reflect multiple number of coastal bakes currently in the werks.*

OK, since it's officially March in about 6 hours, and since I missed the one last summer, I'll get this started: When are we doing the 2009 POC / Rockport Bake? I think MB had suggested sometime in late March or April.

Shunned, if we agree on a date soon and you start looking now, you might be able to get a ticket for less than $5,000. Good luck. See you there.
Last edited by Trucha Del Mar on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goin' back to Houston, do the hot dog dance. Goin' back to Houston, to get me some pants.

The sheepshead fish has human teeth, but it's OK because it won't give you a psychedelic crisis.

bring your own lampshade, somewhere there's a party...

stained

Re: Tejas Coastal Bake 2009

Post by stained » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:59 pm

April 24-26. My wife is trying to schedule something else that weekend with some asshat friends of hers and I really don't want to go. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I ducked out and went fishing instead...she'll get over it.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:47 pm

As soon as my stimulus check gets here I'll purchase plane tickets.

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Whoa Whoa Whoa! junior suggested a clam bake during this time frame.

The POC bake @ the hacienda is da same in mid Juuuuleye. Now taking donations.
And TDM- Don't be trying to bump my skiff spot yo's. I just sent a little in surance to keep that fucker for another year!
Lyrical

stained

Post by stained » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Salmotrutta wrote:Whoa Whoa Whoa! junior suggested a clam bake during this time frame.

The POC bake @ the hacienda is da same in mid Juuuuleye. Now taking donations.
And TDM- Don't be trying to bump my skiff spot yo's. I just sent a little in surance to keep that fucker for another year!
Two (2) different bakes. You're invited to both. Start ransacking couch cushions for some bus fair and get your ass down here. We'll find a spot on a boat. Who know's, maybe the Brother of Scott Graham's Brother can no-show (again) and you can have his spot-on-a-skiff.

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:44 pm

I'll have a spot if I gotta ride a Dolphin out to the hot spots. Just so Reef & TMEX show up in July along with the rest of the Tejas mafia all will be a ok.
Lyrical

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 am

Anytime before or after the 4th (of July) would work for me. I am, of course, assuming that anyone gives a shit.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 pm

I just returned from East Matty...more on that later elsewhere. POC Bakes will be "in progress" all Summer if you want! POC late April 24 -26 is cool but Scott Graham's brother will have a conflict on that date! Before or after is good for him MAY 8, 9, and 10 ARE OUT!!!! His Daughter is getting Married!
"She had an ass like a ten year old boy." --- Monkey Brains, East Matty Bake '09

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I was thinking an Aransas bake is in order towards the end of April and a POC bake during the timeframe Junior suggested a while back, June sometime.

Rumor has it that Gaper's Pimp's bitch is coming down to sign some books and watch a movie. He may want to see what TX redfish are all about around the ~23rd-26th??? I'm thinking we should do the Aransas bake during that timeframe (April 24th through 26th) because there's gonna be lots of people around and fishing down there anyway. Sorry Golden, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions... (and it was "a butt like a 10 yr. old boy...")

When are you guys interested in doing the POC thing?
III

Gaper

Post by Gaper » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 pm

It does appear that my gimpy self will be coming down to the great state of Texas for some movie watching and some redfishing. Just watched the same round of movies here in Bozangeles. Some good chit to be seen for sure.

We should definitely make this into a bake, seeing as how I've never actually been able to make it to one.

Yes, there will be whiskey.
"...the absolute absence of a burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into the heights, take leave of his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant"

Gaper's Pimp

Post by Gaper's Pimp » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 am

I've got an extra bed or two out on the island (you might have to share one with Gaper) and my boat and yaks will be in service. Should be a good time; if nothing else you'll get to see a skinny mountain boy (really white legs with a big scar) get his intro to the salt.
When they was no fish, we ate fowl. When they was no fowl, we ate crawdad. When they was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

Reef Runner

Post by Reef Runner » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 am

Put me down for a positively maybe. Only if this is guy is going though-

better pic.jpg
better pic.jpg (65.91 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Last edited by Reef Runner on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.