This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Salmotrutta
I forgot- I also had a radiator cap fly off when I was standing over it. It took the skin right off the side of my face, neck, shoulder & chest.
I've gotta say that's painful.
After my second elbow surgery I had an infection hit that locked the whole joint up. That fucking hurt bad.
The worst is the brain pain. Often you need to walk a fine line with meds.. The choice is taking many pills to kill it that will make you sick, or just curl up in a ball somewhere quiet & dark until it's over.

Broken fingers & nose are a cake walk. An abscessed toof has it's own brand of hell too.
By mwk
I took lagooner fishing the day after his burns......it hurt me like hell just trying to watch him fish. We went to JB's early that day
By FlyFish2
I had surgery in my ankle, knee, and shoulder. When the weather changes I can feel and it burns and hurts, a searing pain.
By Bobwhite
Tonight I'll go to sleep knowing that I'm a lucky man... but, maybe I'll take a laxative first, just in case.

Damn...
By Outcast
Two ACL replacements, seven broken clavicles, four broken ribs, three broken arms, two broken ankles, two dislocated shoulders, four or five dislocated fingers, got the top third of my right ear lopped off and sewed back on then had surgery two years later to remove the scar, three broken noses, four concussions, two chipped teeth, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 sutures or staples lifetime but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

None of that hurt me as bad as when I watched them wheel my son into surgery to mend his first broken arm.
By shunned
holy shit, puddles... if I punched you you'd shatter.

:cool
By DayTripper
We need to get shunned over here to seppoland for a bake and some boxing.
By SLSS
DayTripper wrote:We need to get shunned over here to seppoland for a bake and some boxing.
You can box. I'll run the bell, drink beer and fish. C'mon Mitch, and bring Roy along.
Outcast wrote:Two ACL replacements, seven broken clavicles, four broken ribs, three broken arms, two broken ankles, two dislocated shoulders, four or five dislocated fingers, got the top third of my right ear lopped off and sewed back on then had surgery two years later to remove the scar, three broken noses, four concussions, two chipped teeth, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 sutures or staples lifetime but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

None of that hurt me as bad as when I watched them wheel my son into surgery to mend his first broken arm.
Knees, noses and concusions.... but nothing compared to the meteorite constipation. Well, maybe bending my knee 120 degrees sideways. But stepping out the door after my eldest said, Dad, Biz crashed her bike and cut her leg... and seeing her lower leg opened up about 2 inches wide and 4 long. As we shot over to the emergency room with an ice-pack on her leg she looked over and said, Dad we've never gone nine zero before!!! I said, At least we're slowing down to seven zero for the intersections.

My blood has never bothered me, but my kid's or my wife's, and part of my mind is battling panic.

Pounding nails for a living ten years ago, my friend I worked for had a window with broken sash cords come down on his thumb. Split it right through the nail. I about wet myself in sympathy pain. He squinted, ground his teeth, and said, I hate that. And kept working.
By FloobieMcDoobie
Outcast wrote:Two ACL replacements, seven broken clavicles, four broken ribs, three broken arms, two broken ankles, two dislocated shoulders, four or five dislocated fingers, got the top third of my right ear lopped off and sewed back on then had surgery two years later to remove the scar, three broken noses, four concussions, two chipped teeth, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 sutures or staples lifetime but nothing that couldn't be fixed.

That sounds like the 12 days of Christmas, only in blood and broken bones.

I'm a giant pussy next to you BAMF's, and I'll gladly be the first to admit it. Fuck! And I thought taking french knives to the bones of your thumbs was bad.
By PartridgeCartridge
There is no pain worse than "ghost pain". The kind of pain one feels in a limb even after he loses it.

Last year, at the request of my wife and girlfriends, I opted for elective penis reduction surgery. That procedure was very tough. The ghost pain still haunts me.
By slavetotheflyrod
I've had my share, but only two that even come close to the meteorite constipation. Got electrocuted about 10 years ago, found a buried 480v service line the hard way. After I came to my left arm was smoking and looked like a hotdog that had exploded in the microwave. The pain from the electrocution itself wasn't so bad, but the skin grafts and debriding treatments were pure agony. The electricity knocked me about 10 feet backwards, leaving my shoes right where I'd been standing, laces still tied. The other little joyous side effect was the intense metallic taste in my mouth that took almost two months to shake. The other really fun one was the massive staph infection that nearly killed me after having my wisdom teeth dug out of my head. I don't remember the first two days in the hospital, but once I came to, the full body burning sensation caused by the IV antibiotics was fucking excruciating. They told me afterwards that they usually keep patients sedated when giving this particular drug, I was fuckin pissed.
A Confession

confession: fuck canada. relates: don cherry. el[…]

Rust Belt 2019

was gonna be me 6th year. glad yinz got on 'em.[…]

Congrats LSU. I felt like they were the team to […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson's Hot Kate Muddler https://live.stat[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine