This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By slavetotheflyrod
That looks sweet, Fishlore. Ain't nuthin' touchy 'bout it for me, I gotta have a few of those.
By Bad Fish
Got a spot picked out on the boat for one of those decals. PM on it's way.
By P-A
Im sent Fishlore.
Regards
P-A
By Ricky Bobby
[report]So after a long week on the road... The highlight of the road trip being meeting up with Roy Christie, Drinking some beers and breaking open a new bottle of Glenrothes in London. The week was very long and full of bad news on top of bad news... I needed to refresh... I needed some good Juju.. Some restoration of life..

For me it is spending time with my kids and fishing... So I get home from london and I pack the kids up, head to the ranch...

Its hot damn hot... But fuck it what are you going to do.. Its Texas in the summer, you have two choices, stay inside or hydrate and sweat your balls off...

Get to the ranch and are met by the usual suspects.

Break out the toys....

String up the fly rods for stock pond action... But even the fish in the stock ponds know its too hot to move. So not a damn thing nibbled. Head up to the catfish pond.. again not a damn thing...

Head back in to the House ( I use the term house loosely, its a shack but it has a shower, kichen, a place to eat and sleep.) cool off. Then head out for the tractor.

Get done moving some equipment and now its time to get dinner prepped.. Nothing quenches the heat and thirst like Watermelon.

Fire has burned down... Spread the embers and start to cook dinner... Steak, Chicken, Roasted Poblano Peppers, Baked Beans

Take it to the table, where we add some watermelon and apricots for dessert....

Get your hands off that boy... Time to say Grace... I tell the boys about a friend of mine, be bless the food, say a prayer for a friend and his family....

Make a toast to Outcast.

Finish up dinner and take the kids back out to the fire for their first experience of roasted marshmellows... The love it...

The next morning we try the fishing again...

Not a damn thing again...

But the kids did spot this.... Anyone have a clue what the hell kind of mushroom that is??

And we are out....[/report]
By RickMicGoneFishin
My first post here. I feel I need to share my thoughts about Ryan aka Outcast.

Ryan Reichle was a river angel. One of those people who enjoyed the river and wanted others to feel the joy of being on the river. I can’t say I knew Ryan really well – other than running into him at the fly shop, we didn’t hang out together off the river. But we saw each other on the river on a regular basis and he was always friendly, helpful, and polite.

It was probably 2004 the first time we met Ryan, on the river of course. I was bringing in a big fish, wondering if I’d land it, hoping I’d land it, when this fishing guide in a big white cowboy hat leaves his clients and walks towards me with his big boat net. He asked if he could net my fish for me. Of course! Please! And with that, Ryan netted my fish and we released it and became river-side friends. I don’t believe he offered to net the fish just because I was a woman either. When you saw Ryan with his clients you could see that he was doing his best to ensure they caught fish and had fun.

We looked forward to talking with Ryan. He willingly shared his knowledge of fly fishing and traded flies with us. He didn’t play the “secret fly game” that some guys do. He let me play fetch with his dog and showed off Henry’s doggie tricks and good manners. He loved both of his dogs. The last time we saw Ryan was September of last year when the river flow was shut off. Yes, he was fishing on his day off with his 2 dogs and a friend. Knowing it was his day off, we didn’t want to intrude on his peace, but I did take a couple photos of him. I thought it was special that he would be on the river fishing with his dogs nearby, being where he worked and earned his living, but doing what he wanted to do on his day off. I think if you are a guide and you also love to fish, you will know what I’m trying to say.

We’ve been looking for Ryan since May 16, wondering if the next boat floating downstream would be the Koffler with a black and white dog sitting proudly in its spot. When we saw someone on the oars wearing a big straw cowboy hat we hoped it would be Ryan so we could find out about his winter adventures. But we hadn’t seen him and now we know we won’t. His passing has been on my mind all week and I’m still trying to find the words of how I feel.

How confused and sad I am. I cannot begin to understand why. I don’t understand the depth or darkness of it. I don’t know why and never will. I just know Ryan will be missed by many.

Mic (of Rick & Mic)
By Bobwhite
Welcome to the tree house, and thanks for your remembrances of a guy most of us never had the opportunity to meet, but feel we knew well... and greatly miss.

Every time I go back and read an old post, and see Ryan's avatar, I get a lump in my throat.

Shit.
By MTgrayling
This looks like a good place for these.

Take more pictures. Always take more pictures.
By Ricky Bobby
Those are new... thanks for sharing...
By Da Ax
As I said early on, didn't know the guy, but the outpouring of emotion from this dank place...it got me thinking.

When I hear this on the radio, I think of Outcast....

My eyes are open wide
And by the way, I made it
Through the day
I watched the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out Today

I just saw Hayley's comet,
shoo-ting
Said ,"Why you always running in place?
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere"

[Chorus]
Tell my mother,