Some sucky flies

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
capt_gordon

Some sucky flies

Post by capt_gordon » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:26 pm

Redfish stuff that I got on my brain due to all the fish I have been waving at as they swim past:
Look,it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.

befuddled

Re: Some sucky flies

Post by befuddled » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 pm

are those conventional/traditional whatever patterns or stuff you came up with?redfish tying seems to be an almost local/regional affair
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

TX.

Post by TX. » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:07 pm

Fud,n You don't have to be a fly tier to tie redfish flies.n If you make it look good in the water, they'll eat a turd on a hook.By the way gordy, those are same damn fine turds!I think Ursus was looking for that pattern about a month or so back.How much did you have to drink when you tied those??? n Be honest, now!
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

FlyShopDude

Post by FlyShopDude » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:18 pm

Did you pull the materials for those out of your scrap pile or what. I've shit better flies than that. But I guess if you talking big dumb fish in the ocean that aren't whuped on repeatedley by the same people day after day than I guess it doesn't matter how neat they are.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:28 pm

Originally posted by PullinPlastic:n Did you pull the materials for those out of your scrap pile or what. I've shit better flies than that. But I guess if you talking big dumb fish in the ocean that aren't whuped on repeatedley by the same people day after day than I guess it doesn't matter how neat they are.
damn. did your sack get caught in your zipper today? or you just effing with gordy?
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

TX.

Post by TX. » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:32 pm

Pullin'n I actually have a pattern called the "scrap fly"n It's a redfish fly that I use my scrap tarpon fly material for, kills 'em.But don't bust on gordy, I saw your photo...Have your balls dropped yet?n Let's see your "shit".n OUCH!

<small>[ April 22, 2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: TXFly ]</small>
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

FlyShopDude

Post by FlyShopDude » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:35 pm

Just messin with him man.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Originally posted by PullinPlastic:n Just messin with him man.
hmpf, ... well played!

FlyShopDude

Post by FlyShopDude » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:51 pm

So did that make trump? :cheer:

capt_gordon

Post by capt_gordon » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:15 am

They are tied raggedy on purpose. These ain't no pansy ass flies that looke like little buggies so pretty baby trouties can eat them. These flies look like shit so they look alive in the water. The stuff that redfish bite will bite you back so you have tomake them look like they could do the same. My best redfish flies are always ragged on the edges. If a kid from Buffalo ever fished anyplace else he would understand. It's all good, Yo.
Look,it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:11 am

hey pullin pud er plastic, tell them who's original pattern you caught that giant gordy trout on. or was it's name dennis? n gordy - no offense but we call the canadians gordy cuz half of them over the age of 40 are either named gordy(howe) or dennis(potvin). those flies are ratty but killer. reminds me of my old little league coach when i was picking dasies in the outfield - "look alive out there"

FlyShopDude

Post by FlyShopDude » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:14 am

I have never fished in the salt. I have fished many of other places in my life but never in the salt. People tell me a many great things and the big wild fish that you can catch. Redfish along with bones and stripers will be something that I would love to do one of these days. But for right now I have to finish up some work on a degree so I can get a peice of paper that says I'm edumacated enough to wake up in the morning and go to class. I more fond of trout fish and some steelhead fishing as well I guess for these fish you have to get paticular with your bugs. Or it's just something coneived in my ny mind that fish will only take beautiful flies. :coffee: