This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By fallen513
Not a question, but a profound observation.

In my own experience, it actually takes me longer to bring fish in with my heavier weight rods.
By shunned
I have a couple of old saddle hackles that would be 10 years old and I am just wondering if hackles start to lose their buoyancy qualities over time ?

I wouldn't be expecting any eggs, mate. :coffee
By shunned
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tie me 20 black wooly worms in couple of sizes. If you can please post a pic up and if I like it I will pay you money for em'.

next post...

size 6 or 8 preferably.

fucking 12yr old mitch awesomeness.
perform for me, monkeys!.. maybe I'll feed you.
By shunned
What is the best way to kill a trout straight away?

throw the ova on the lawn.
:cool
By NEKvt
Why haven't we been catching buckets of perch and smelt this year like we did last year? Must be the pike.

"Its not just a odd, year. Sorryful thing is, that there are Northern Pike, in Southbay, now. How they got there, in lake, well, they were brought, to the Southbay, of Lake Mempfremagog. The problem is, for this lake is: This area, in southbay, of the lake, is a area, where, the Rainbow and Brown Trout, go, up the two rivers. Now, that there is Northern Pike, in this area. Its, sorryful. Its not a odd year, its been, alot of sorryful years, and it will only get worse, for trout, on the Lake, and the inlets."
By pink squirrel
NEKvt wrote:Why haven't we been catching buckets of perch and smelt this year like we did last year? Must be the pike.

"Its not just a odd, year. Sorryful thing is, that there are Northern Pike, in Southbay, now. How they got there, in lake, well, they were brought, to the Southbay, of Lake Mempfremagog. The problem is, for this lake is: This area, in southbay, of the lake, is a area, where, the Rainbow and Brown Trout, go, up the two rivers. Now, that there is Northern Pike, in this area. Its, sorryful. Its not a odd year, its been, alot of sorryful years, and it will only get worse, for trout, on the Lake, and the inlets."

That, dude, is a comma, junkie. I feel, sorryful, for him
By fshnow
So, you have been taking fish out by the bucket loads, for years, and now there isn't any fish left.

I would, also like you, blame the pike.

( This commma thing every other word is hard to type)
By stillsteamin
Woolybug25 wrote:at what point in time is a 2 rig system not an articulated fly???
Haha yes that one was fantastic.

Also -
deerslayer2446
Frequent Member

Why is gravel and spawning such a issue? If you knew how we fish then it wouldnt be an issue. I dont rip the gravel and I dont harass the hens. I fish with 10 mono pound main and usually 4-6 pound floro leader. We fish holes and if we see a hen on the gravel, we fish it, with every right to do so. We drop the fly right on her dorsal fin and fish the bucks in the hole behind the gravel. Why is that so wrong? This right here, your comment about gravel and spawning is why more and more people I know are going else were to fish because they are tired of being harassed on how they fish. Sorry I dont have a switch rod with streamers and sorry I dont fish just like you.
By NEKvt
Angler A: I would like to throw out a Big Thank You to the fellow fisherman at the sandbar that like to destroy other people property. Whoever did it I hope is on this forum and reads this and knows, what goes around comes around

Just sorryful! There is so much of this going on now, in Vermont. I don't think it would be regular fishermen or women. It is these individuals, who need fast cash, for other things. They see us fishermen and women, as free game. Sorryful. These individuals, have no moral values, and that, is what is happens. My Nephew, two weeks ago, in the NEK, had a wheel bearing, go in in his rear tire. So he parked it, in a local Park and Ride area. Well, that night, some individuals, came and smashed in all of his car windows, then shot, is windshield, with a 30/30 rifle, then took another vehicle, and pushed it up into a little snowbank. He reported this to the local State Police. Probley, never find the individuals. Times, have changed in Vermont! ???

Fuck, I hope, I get to, enjoy this, all winter. I'll, be sorryful, if he, stops posting.
"official" intro

Five Bruce minimum, among other things. I like pi[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine