Typical Question on a local board

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
flatscaster

Re: Typical Question on a local board

Post by flatscaster » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 am

In Two Years Before The Mast a group of homeless Hawaiians lived in an oven on the San Diego beach. I think it was made in the USA. USA! USA! USA!
I feel like i been stuck at awesome; for a long time.
-Cap'n MM RN

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 pm

On landing fish safely:
we all know fish can't swim backwards so why not build a little fort with rocks in the water where u can place the fish for hook removal or pictures.
Same University student on Deer Hunting:
Also, are you guys not allowed to surround an area by certain deer treats that would perhaps entice them to come n feel comfortable? you could setup a trap in an area. tie off some fishing lines couple yards around you and when you see a deer you want tug on the fishing lines (i would assume they have bells attached to them) which are near the deer and basically spook him into your direction and when you think hes close enough stop tugging n get the shot.
And on Hooters:
I almost gagged seeing the banner up top on that site....the women are sooo masculin....I still don't know what that place is about? a beer shop? or some kinda mixed martial arts for women? :S just tell me before I puke from the sight.
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 pm

What is your favorite Backing?i figured we had all asked whats our favorite this or that.What about backing?what say you?
Mine is Cortland Micron,white , or Chartreuse, i like 20 lb. Never had any issues. I have tried Sci Angler didn't care for it their Chartreuse bled into a few lines, Cortland never has for me.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Can't wait for his intro. It could truly be significant.

"Hey everybody,

While procrastinating on a school project, I decided that I could really use some input on some of the questions that keep me awake at night.

1. Who would win in a light saber duel to the death, Ed Ward or Scott Howell?

2. Who would win in a fight, An OP Steelhead or a great lakes lake-run Rainbow?

3. Which fish could pull a boat farther, a 21" Dolly or a 21" Rainbow?

4. Which fly could drink more beer, a bunny leach or a sculpzilla?

5. Upper Yak Cutthroat or Canyon Rainbow?

6. If the following rivers were to morph into scottish keg throwers, who would throw the keg furthest?

a) Sauk

b) Klickitat

c) Kalama

I look forward to some insightful answers, and some sporting debate.

Cheers,"
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:48 am

root wad wrote:Can't wait for his intro. It could truly be significant.

"Hey everybody,

While procrastinating on a school project, I decided that I could really use some input on some of the questions that keep me awake at night.

1. Who would win in a light saber duel to the death, Ed Ward or Scott Howell?

2. Who would win in a fight, An OP Steelhead or a great lakes lake-run Rainbow?

3. Which fish could pull a boat farther, a 21" Dolly or a 21" Rainbow?

4. Which fly could drink more beer, a bunny leach or a sculpzilla?

5. Upper Yak Cutthroat or Canyon Rainbow?

6. If the following rivers were to morph into scottish keg throwers, who would throw the keg furthest?

a) Sauk

b) Klickitat

c) Kalama

I look forward to some insightful answers, and some sporting debate.

Cheers,"
I'll out drink the fuck out of those flyties.

Side note, fishing relates: all of those are siglines.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

shunned

Post by shunned » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:32 am

my graphites are stored tapers up along with handle, this seems strange with bamboo.

paranoia dictates I do the opposite with the bamboo (all tapers up)...

am I wrong again?

yeah all right... it was me.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:25 am

Thrillbilly wrote:Not really a question but I found this gem in a christmas light thread.

Nothing duimber than seeing a house outlined by twinkie lights. Then there are the bozos that fop them over bushes and do the bottom half of the trees. What a waste.

A waste of natural resources by Communist Chineese workers to make the lights.

A waste of energy shipping them across the Pacific and to the BigBoxBrotherhood nearest you.

A waste of economic resources by those dumb enough to buy the cheap Chineese crap to hang up divert dollars that could be used for a childs education, or to pay off mortgages, or to buy down credit card debt.

A waste of landfill space as tons of Christmas lights are thown out every year.

A waste of electricity that could be used to heat the homeless,

A waste dark--dark that plants, birds, and animals, including the human kind, require to grow and rebuild our bodies.

Christmas time is Light Pollution time to the max. Turn the damn things off and give the money to the food bank. They need it more than PGE does.
That's it, I'm putting up even more lights this year. I hope I can get the display big enough so that even more energy will be wasted as people slowly drive around and around the block to get a look at them.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am

I one day hope to be wealthy enough to put lights on the bottom half of a tree.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

BearsFan wrote:I one day hope to be wealthy enough to put lights on the bottom half of a tree.
Dude, when I get done, the doublewide is going to look great.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

shunned

Post by shunned » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:27 am

"Just bought a small hydration pack to add over my vest as i was putting a bladder in the back of my vest and it was hard on my neck. Enough room in it for a jumper or rain coat. Testing it out next week in the Snowies and will let you know the verdict (I just know its going to get me onto more fish!!!)"
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:43 am

shunned wrote:"Just bought a small hydration pack to add over my vest as i was putting a bladder in the back of my vest and it was hard on my neck. Enough room in it for a jumper or rain coat. Testing it out next week in the Snowies and will let you know the verdict (I just know its going to get me onto more fish!!!)"
what happened to just carrying an extra beer in your pocket.
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Fished the XXX, 12/3 with fantastic results! It was fairly cool with off and on snow showers.I love the cold weather! Weeds out the sunny-weathers from the die-hards! ... Caught a 30" steelhead, a true cutty, a rainbow, and six browns of varying size. Lost as many, including 36"++er I had on for like 15 min.
He fished a river in Colorado.
boy in long pants