This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Mad_Mike
I love how all you PA boys are gettin' all pissed when you have probly never even seen a gator let alone had to balls to go at one that big with nothing but a homade harpoon, and a knife...

Listen let me explain... he didn't stick 3 other gators, he MISSED 3 other gators.... the back of a big mature gator is like concrete and unless you hit it just right you WILL NOT penetrate his skin, and you MISS... there is no wounding, just a dull thump and the animal swims off. In fact jerms actually broke a harpoon on one of them and never even drew a scale, these are tuff fuckin' animals....

and If I remember right when jerms posted that he had recieved his tags there were more than a few of yall who wanted him to post up a report.... now he does so and gets flack... nice.

Like it or not, I've seen alot of hunting posts on here without anyones thong getting shitty so let it go... he killed a big animal out of an overpopulated area to help keep the species healthy within the ecosystem that so many of us here enjoy fishing and hunting in... END OF STORY!!

Good work Jerms...... :cool
By Ginseng Sullivan
now do you really think Carlos would approve?

did he eat those rails or are they dangerously overpopulated too? the next morn they waited for the sun to come up so they could burn ants with a magnifying glass. i for one did not ask for a report and don't care to see chest thumping in any form.

i have a bunch of cousins in fla and their necks are as red as they come and all live on the water with gators and love to see them around even in their yards. one even lost a dog a few years back they assume got eaten. none of them have gone after gators so don't tell me it's a "we don't understand the south" bullshit. you live in the swamp you got gators. you live in the mtns of cali and you got lions, live with it. if it's legal fine but what did his buds get ticketed for? and legal don't make me want to see it either.
By ditchdoc
Think I said this before. I don't have a problem with gator hunting, if it's legal. I do have a problem with poaching or wounding animals and leaving them to die. I asked a question. I got an answer. I'll take your word on it.
By Mad_Mike
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:now do you really think Carlos would approve?

did he eat those rails or are they dangerously overpopulated too? the next morn they waited for the sun to come up so they could burn ants with a magnifying glass. i for one did not ask for a report and don't care to see chest thumping in any form.

i have a bunch of cousins in fla and their necks are as red as they come and all live on the water with gators and love to see them around even in their yards. one even lost a dog a few years back they assume got eaten. none of them have gone after gators so don't tell me it's a "we don't understand the south" bullshit. you live in the swamp you got gators. you live in the mtns of cali and you got lions, live with it. if it's legal fine but what did his buds get ticketed for? and legal don't make me want to see it either.
actually I do know a few guys who eat marsh hens (rails), but thats beside the point.

the tickets went to two other guys in the boat... one because he accidentally turned off the rear nav light while they were running, and the other because he left his hunting license in the truck and didn't have it on his person... thats it. The hunt was absolutely legal. As far as chest thumping, you obviously don't know jerms.. you may be able to accuse my loud ass of something like that, but jerms is one of the most humble people I know.

the beauty of life and this place is that we don't have to agree on anything. And we don't have to sit silently when we don't, so I'm not holding it against anyone who doesn't like this post... I just want to clear up the fact that the hunt was legal, and no other gators were wounded in the process of killing this one... thats it...

Have a good day gents..... :cool
By shunned
I give shit to everybody that shoots animals they don't need to.

and when I say 'need to' I mean it wasn't running off with your baby.
or your dingo.

...but the post is how you say 'chest-beating fucking pants'.
By shunned
I went outside and stepped on a snail.

I feel pretty good... report to follow.
By alteredstates
shunned wrote:I went outside and stepped on a snail.

I feel pretty good... report to follow.
this shit made me laugh out loud, thank you
By No Idea
How's that seppo turkey feather mate? Rest assured the damned chicken was only trapped and released to get that vise freed up.
By flybug.pa.
now i understand. i thought he wounded them to crawl off to die. :coffee
By Ramcatt
jerms wrote:

I hit him in a soft spot with the harpoon. It didn't stick. This gator was easily 13' and very wide across the back, and I was sick to my stomach about making a good hit and not capitilizing.

I hit him right in the neck, the point stuck and he made for the next county in a hurry. After about 15yds the point pulled free.

Another hour later and I was standing over a 12'er in 2' of water. I hit him with all I had and he just swam off.

so Thursday I put another crew together and we headed out.

I had a poor shot at an 11'er right off the bat, then nothing for a while.

. It was only about 20 min later that I had her next to the boat and mouth taped just like the girl in MM's closet. Game over.

Saturday... you attempted at failed 3 times
thursday... you failed once and then killed one

so you went 1 for 5???
you actually injured 4?

Mike its obvious this dude is your buddy
but there is not reason to injure 4 animals...

i am in no way anti-hunting
just anti- stupid
and trying to make sense of someone bragging about a 1:5 ratio while injuring the 4
Well sh!t, Panama...

BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must […]

Intro

I’d also like to put in a request that jos[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

Do you know where I live? Who I am? WTF is pumpe[…]

whatcha tying?

DDC59DB3-2C89-462E-916C-0BA91C6171A4.jpeg Fuc[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine