This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By jerms
speybait wrote:
"jermsYou know, I don't think my belt matched my flip flops that night. Another fashion feaux pas? :vomit

There's no "e" in "faux", Jerms. And, yes, I am the speeling police.

obviously... :cool
Last edited by jerms on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mad_Mike
I think the two scenario's possible here are as follows... Either these gents are using a bowfishing type apparatus to attach the line to the gator.. ie. Shooting an arrow with a line attached at the softer parts of the gator... or..

A fellow came into the shop one day looking for gator hunting supplies (read: a big ass weighted treble hook) then told me he was planning on using a bow. I thought this was a little more sporting, until he explained that he was gonna snag the gator with the treble, and then dispatch it boatside with the bow... that caused a blank stare... how is shooting a gator at point blank with a bow better than just using a pisol, or the best way a sharp knife to sever the spinal cord and end it quick...

either way.. it is what it is...
By jerome
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:yeah jerome i'm a pussy and you're an asshole, fair enough?.
If you say so....

I happened to see a pic or two in a magazine or two a while back, the species/season of subject, voids your claim of Vaginal fortitude. :bow

Being called an asshole by yourself made my day.... I try...kinda comes with the territory. :cool

The reason for having to use a harpoon, snag hook on heavy tackle(supposed to be wild) or a heavy duty bow fishing rig is so that the gator isn't LOST. If you just go out with a pistol/rifle/bow and shoot them they sink and the body is lost. :coffee
By Rhyacophila
Jerms

kool shit.
By No Idea
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:"How's that seppo turkey feather mate? Rest assured the damned chicken was only trapped and released to get that vise freed up."

this is such a tired argument. no one here is a peta-phile or any of that shit at all. i've shot more shit than ten other guys on this board and ate every fucking one and then tied flies with what was left over.

as RC said so well it's not anti hunting, just being a conservationist rather than a killer. now if the gator said some crap about his momma this would all be different. :wink

too bad we missed the great carrier pigeon hunts of the past and good thing we wiped out those fuckin bison too, what a nuiscence.
Funny how cultural differences matter. I never even considered this gator wasn't going to be eaten. My stab was at Mitch, in full jest with meaning. He asked for someone to kill a bird for his fly, remember?
I've killed shit too GS, mostly for me and the dog with regard to birds, but have also fed mountain geriatric wimmen with it. Kilt it dresst it and dropt it off cuz I knew they had no protein and were too proud to ask. WTF does that matter??? I don't hunt for food. Tired argument, fuck dude, you basically fuck with fish and cause then undue pain to find enjoyment?.... Jerms killed a legal gator and posted the behind the scenes tale about it. Fuck you too, eat your cream of wheat, I'll eat my grits.
By Ramcatt
kill what you want... i don't give a fuck
just do it right

says the guy who was this close to getting an eagle last month
By shunned
No Idea wrote: He asked for someone to kill a bird for his fly, remember?

no mate, it was already dead and I didn't think he was going to eat quail feathers.

arrived fine as well.

fuck you aqis.
By Sewer Trout
jerms wrote:Last year we harvested an 11.5'er that went more than 600 lbs.
Euphemisms are for pussies. You killed the gator. Pretty cool. :cool
By No Idea
shunned wrote:
No Idea wrote: He asked for someone to kill a bird for his fly, remember?

no mate, it was already dead and I didn't think he was going to eat quail feathers.

arrived fine as well.

fuck you aqis.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11306
By shunned
no idea p.i.

it's a fair cop.

now I want someone to go out and shoot me a 6' swedish blonde as I've been sooo successful having seppos shoot endangered turkeys for those rare as rocking white tipped feathers.

by the by, that speyducer's a fucking deadbeat.

ended up buying the entire stock off this mob

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/

because I can.
report to follow. :coffee
By flymph
shunned wrote:now I want someone to go out and shoot me a 6' swedish blonde
WC's already done this, go check out the Thong thread
By troutsmack
I must confess I have probably wounded and/or killed - bass, bluegill, brook, brown and rainbow trout this year, along with some doves an quail. I didn't mean to do it, but sometimes it happens with a rod and a gun.
I guess small tippet and a lack of time at the skeet range are to blame, otherwise I gave every effort to revive every fish and to find every bird.
Please accept my apologies,
a sportsman
whatcha tying?

1650B2D9-E969-4148-8EDA-D4CDD21E4D19.jpeg E3D3D7[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick

in recent news: Poll: 38% of Americans would giv[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

] Feb 27, 2021 Gas $2.49 Temp 68 Wet wading in[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine