This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Rusty Hook
Last summer, I had a free weekday so I headed up to the mountains for a little fishing without the usual crowds. I drove to one of my favorite small streams, only to find four vehicles at the trailhead, and another pulling in shortly after I parked. I visited with the new arrivals to find out whether they would be fishing and where they were headed, in the hope I could still find some unfished water. After we talked for a while, I mentioned what a surprise it was to see so many people there on a weekday. He replied, “I know what you mean. I work at the Saratoga Inn and bring our guests up here to fish. When I started using this place, we almost always had the whole creek to ourselves. Things sure have changed.â€
By epol
I know what you mean. I work at the Saratoga Inn and bring our guests up here to fish. When I started using this place, we almost always had the whole creek to ourselves. Things sure have changed.
That is a perfect example of shitting on your own doorstep.
By Rusty Hook
The worst part of it is that I don't think he saw any connection between what he was doing and the consequences. It would not surprise me a bit if he picks out a new spot to bring his sports this summer, until it inexplicably becomes too crowded, and so on...
:gun:

<small>[ February 22, 2007, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Hook ]</small>
By epol
Those are the worst type of idiots.
By BigTimber
You think it'll be crowded at Orvis Shorefox? Eeew, I think I just coughed something up.
By epol
Word of mouth is nothing, wait until you see your favorite run on google earth.
By speybait
The best thing about Orvis Shorefox is that they're doing it for conservation...just like my friend Donny Beaver. Huh huh, I said Beaver.
By shutupandfish
Orvis ShorefoxI'd no idea what you were talking about so I Googled and threw up the link. Excuse the bile.Looks smashing, old boy.
By fyshnutz
Fishingn Stablesn Gated Communityn CO Rivern Orvisn Shorefoxn Sporting claysn Granbyn Ranchn Clubmetadata yo
By fyshnutz
oops, there is more in the HTML code:Shorefox, a 1,553 – acre ranch development is a year-round, family-oriented sporting lifestyle community extending along more than two miles of the Colorado River. World-class fly-fishing, championship-quality golf, and a wealth of other recreation and leisure activities are featured. The exclusive, private North Ranch offers a number of ranch estate properties, a working ranch, Latchorn Fishing Lodge and lakeside cabins, and created fly-fishing and boating Orvis fishing school, golf course and club, recreation center, plus other recreation uses and enhanced wetlands. A sustainable development approach balances environmental enhancement, recreation and leisure, ranch/resort community and economic development
By bigtj
I'm pretty sure I know what creek you're talking about. It used to be a sure bet but now the secret is out. Great dry fly water. I guess we just have to get used to fishing water that's had the once-over, and feel lucky when we do get first shot.
whatcha tying?

Mostly Kori spey fly

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Olive Bunny Cormorant https://live.staticfli[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

moving forward again after catching up with the ba[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine