This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Great stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a 19 (almost 20) year old in college...he's a great kid and works his ass off to get good grades (3.87 last semester) and earn some money to help with the tuition bills...been on Dean's list from the get go..
Tries my patience at times but I always hear what a polite young man he is...
Spent many a year saying "I'm not here to be your friend" "I'm here to make sure you are a productive and honest, caring person"...I think it payed off
slumpbuster wrote:...... my dad is about as old as some of you fucks on this board ......
Listen pipsqueak, I'll be in your neighborhood this summer, and since I'm not your dad, I don't have to be nice.

You over 6 ft? just checkin....
Word. Great thread--it's incredible how the perspective changes. Here's mine.
I love the whippy stick.jpg
I love the whippy stick.jpg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 402 times
looking for players.jpg
looking for players.jpg (66.3 KiB) Viewed 402 times
hooked up.jpg
hooked up.jpg (59.95 KiB) Viewed 402 times
guided instruction.jpg
guided instruction.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 402 times
sweetness.jpg
sweetness.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 402 times
hug.jpg
hug.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 402 times
Took my mini-me to Kindergarten registration today...and tee-ball registration. I can see my already diminishing fishing days getting fewer, but it is temporary. And also worth it, cuz I get to have days like this...

Looking forward to taking his little sister out more this summer.

Thanks, Red.

I've been really busy lately keeping the wolves off the back porch and have missed a lot of what's gone on here... but I'm glad I made some time to tune in tonight.

I inherited one little girl when she was one-year-old, had two when I was just a kid, and a third six years ago. While I can honestly say that I always did my best... I'm a better dad now than I was then. I think you learn what to sweat, and what to let go of.

You guys are great.

Here's the first three with me and Lisa on a little walk... ten short years ago. And, Tommy last summer, helping out in the boat.
Family.jpg
Alaska - summer 2000
Family.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Attachments:
1708.jpg
Tommy helping out in the drift boat...
1708.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Bobwhite wrote:Thanks, Red.

I inherited one little girl when she was one-year-old, had two when I was just a kid, and a third six years ago. While I can honestly say that I always did my best... I'm a better dad now than I was then. I think you learn what to sweat, and what to let go of.
Family.jpg
real man!
Lots of good stuff on this thread. Beats the hell out the wuff thing for sure.

Here's a pic of my daughter I took about 18 years ago. She was just home from college last weekend. The second shot is of my 16 year old son from about 2 years ago on a Memorial Day weekend backpack. He's a pretty cool kid and I love em' both. They grow so fast, those kids. They're babies, unable to really verbally communicate with you for the first few years. By the time they actually get old enough to speak, it's just a hop skip and a jump to about the age of 12 when they really start making their way toward adolescence and trying to pull away from you and establish their independence. At least that was my experience.

Suk that shit up while you can. It's precious. If you're with a good woman, she'll still let you get in your fish trips. The time passes quick. I feel like I'm just coming out of the other end of the tunnel and my fishing days look plentiful. Life is good. :cool

Hope everyone is looking forward to IG Horowitz re[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled Denson Autumn Ordie https://live.sta[…]

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine