Unlimited Bronze Backs

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Genome

Re: Unlimited Bronze Backs

Post by Genome » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:06 am

Had some jig heads with quality hooks, so had to put them to use. Nothing fancy just a zonker strip and some rubber legs to make it look crayfish-esque.

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:59 am

Genome wrote:Had some jig heads with quality hooks, so had to put them to use. Nothing fancy just a zonker strip and some rubber legs to make it look crayfish-esque.

OK, now tell us about the one stuck in the face of that first smalljaw. :Roll Eyes
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Wow. Nice fish.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

johnbmadwis

Post by johnbmadwis » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:21 pm

kish wrote:Rained all day today, now snowing. Glad I got out when I did. River's gonna be fucked for weeks. :bomb
Guess I'm gonna have to chase trout in The Area That Shall Not Be Mentioned 'til it settles back down.
Nah, I wasn't ranting about you, Kish. Another guy. You're just a dude getting out there. Nothing but respect coming from me. Nice smallies. Here's another Wisco smallie from the vault.
UBB.jpg
UBB.jpg (76.29 KiB) Viewed 5934 times

kish

Post by kish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:11 pm

I'm guilty of throwing it out there in the past, but have discontinued the practice. I can feel your pain. Pickin' up what you're layin' down…smellin' what you're cookin'… all that shit. Nice dark smallie. Tannin stained water?
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

421sd

Post by 421sd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 am

fly-chucker wrote:OK, now tell us about the one stuck in the face of that first smalljaw. :Roll Eyes
Shuttlecock? Damn good fly.

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:47 pm

421sd wrote:
fly-chucker wrote:OK, now tell us about the one stuck in the face of that first smalljaw. :Roll Eyes
Shuttlecock? Damn good fly.
fucker :wink
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Genome

Post by Genome » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 am

Yep it's a shuttlecock. Currently working on my smallmouth box. Essentially nothing but those in 4 color/size variations.

MTgrayling

Post by MTgrayling » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:18 pm

[report]Image[/report]
Respected by virtually everyone

Let there be HIGH water!

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:46 pm

yep it's about that time.

SnuffBox

Post by SnuffBox » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

Genome wrote:Yep it's a shuttlecock. Currently working on my smallmouth box. Essentially nothing but those in 4 color/size variations.
And a fine box it has become... I remember when it was emptier with less furry hair and jig heads.

kish

Post by kish » Tue May 10, 2016 4:01 pm

[report]Got a ten hour float in on Sunday. Not a ton of fish, but I caught the prettiest smallmouth I've ever seen. And I've seen a gazillion.

Snuck up on this little guy:

And now the rain has jacked up the river for a few weeks. Seems like I say that a lot.[/report]
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley