RFA in FLA Part II

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
davesnothere

Re: RFA in FLA Part II

Post by davesnothere » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:43 am

Your welcome on my skiff, house your balance! Seriously, if you can get a day away from Delray to fish let me know.
"And, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant -- and not nearly so much fun" - John D. Voelker, by courtesy of Ajax.

nympho

Post by nympho » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:12 am

"House yer balance" is code for" I've got a Gheenoe". Sadly, with your less than killer attitude, you won't be hearing from anyone with a sturdier skiff. Those guys all think they belong in tournaments. If you're not too good for a Gheenoe, and you can get a car with a hitch, I will be out of town and you can borrow my Gheenoe. Take it all over Florida for all I care. Just have it back and in one piece before you get on your plane. I'm not kidding

Recent boat mojo on the solo...

Last edited by nympho on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fucksakes. Nemo- tell the green ween to leave those tits up for a spell"...Salmotrutta

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:22 am

You're only 2.5 from the Lagoon. Make it happen, Capt.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

FlyFishNut

Post by FlyFishNut » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 am

We feel your pain, RFA.....I've always said, You can't do a fishing trip and a family trip b/c you end up doing a shitty job at both - so just do one or the other.

I say a lot of things that I don't heed. So, I 'm trailering up the Ole Hewes and dragging her down with kids and wife in tow to Stuart on Friday. By day the boat will be a mild mannered snorkel machine, taking the fam damily to artificial reefs and jettys, but by night.....

I've got a couple spots picked out and I can keep the bote in the canal behind my BIL's house, which helps. Also, the newbie whose thread was hijacked by planktonaters gave me a tippitytop secret spot. :coffee
"You are one of the more annoying people on this board" (Woolybug25)

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:15 am

nympho wrote:Recent boat mojo on the solo...

hotspotter!

smooch.gif
smooch.gif (550 Bytes) Viewed 506 times
III

nympho

Post by nympho » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:34 am

m.b. wrote:
hotspotter!
I know, the mangroves are a dead giveaway. But I figured the glassy calm would throw people off the scent
"Fucksakes. Nemo- tell the green ween to leave those tits up for a spell"...Salmotrutta

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 am

davesnothere wrote:Your welcome on my skiff, house your balance! Seriously, if you can get a day away from Delray to fish let me know.
Where are you at?
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am

RFA wrote:Soon to be Part III
I arrive in Delray Beach May 3rd (late), and will be in town/South Florida until May 14th. Anyone want to fish? a little over 2 weeks away! Psyched. I have enough flies to tie on a new one every other cast.....fucking about 500.

Let me know bitches! No big deal if no one is up for it, I will be hitting the beaches and some DIY flats nearby.
You really need to coordinate this shit better. I'll miss you by 3 days. Of course I'll be in KW not Del Ray.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

joe cool

Post by joe cool » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 am

For everyone who's having trouble with the family/fishing balance, try finding another family you can stand to be away with for a week. My dad and uncle figured this out long ago. When we were too young to fish with them they'd leave us with the moms for a day or two over the course of the trip to go fish. Once we got old enough to go, they'd bring us out for half day trips while the ladies hit the spa or the hotel bar. I know it's not an option for everyone, but if you've got relatives or family friends to go with its something to consider so the wife/kids aren't stuck without. Plus we're usually back in time for dinner every night when the rest of the fam is ready to leave the beach. At his point it's just accepted that I'll spend all day until its time for dinner wandering the beach with my rod if we aren't out offshore somewhere with a guide that day.

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:40 pm

OK - Let's not hijack the king of hijacking's thread. This about 2011....not 2010. I am going down....fishing.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:18 pm

BigTimber wrote:
RFA wrote:Soon to be Part III
I arrive in Delray Beach May 3rd (late), and will be in town/South Florida until May 14th. Anyone want to fish? a little over 2 weeks away! Psyched. I have enough flies to tie on a new one every other cast.....fucking about 500.

Let me know bitches! No big deal if no one is up for it, I will be hitting the beaches and some DIY flats nearby.
You really need to coordinate this shit better. I'll miss you by 3 days. Of course I'll be in KW not Del Ray.
I know you've been looking forward to this trip for a while. I wish I was going to the Keys to fish with that guy! Let there be happy tarpon, sun, and a nice little breeze. :cool
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

davesnothere

Post by davesnothere » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Not far from Delray. Got an open spot on the skiff on the 6th if you can get away.

Oh yeah, saw this in your fly box. Really? Take that shit back to Darren and ask for a refund!

"And, finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant -- and not nearly so much fun" - John D. Voelker, by courtesy of Ajax.