This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By davesnothere
Your welcome on my skiff, house your balance! Seriously, if you can get a day away from Delray to fish let me know.
By nympho
"House yer balance" is code for" I've got a Gheenoe". Sadly, with your less than killer attitude, you won't be hearing from anyone with a sturdier skiff. Those guys all think they belong in tournaments. If you're not too good for a Gheenoe, and you can get a car with a hitch, I will be out of town and you can borrow my Gheenoe. Take it all over Florida for all I care. Just have it back and in one piece before you get on your plane. I'm not kidding

Recent boat mojo on the solo...

Last edited by nympho on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By The Volfish
You're only 2.5 from the Lagoon. Make it happen, Capt.
By FlyFishNut
We feel your pain, RFA.....I've always said, You can't do a fishing trip and a family trip b/c you end up doing a shitty job at both - so just do one or the other.

I say a lot of things that I don't heed. So, I 'm trailering up the Ole Hewes and dragging her down with kids and wife in tow to Stuart on Friday. By day the boat will be a mild mannered snorkel machine, taking the fam damily to artificial reefs and jettys, but by night.....

I've got a couple spots picked out and I can keep the bote in the canal behind my BIL's house, which helps. Also, the newbie whose thread was hijacked by planktonaters gave me a tippitytop secret spot. :coffee
By m.b.
nympho wrote:Recent boat mojo on the solo...

hotspotter!

smooch.gif
smooch.gif (550 Bytes) Viewed 533 times
By nympho
m.b. wrote:
hotspotter!
I know, the mangroves are a dead giveaway. But I figured the glassy calm would throw people off the scent
By RFA
davesnothere wrote:Your welcome on my skiff, house your balance! Seriously, if you can get a day away from Delray to fish let me know.
Where are you at?
By BigTimber
RFA wrote:Soon to be Part III
I arrive in Delray Beach May 3rd (late), and will be in town/South Florida until May 14th. Anyone want to fish? a little over 2 weeks away! Psyched. I have enough flies to tie on a new one every other cast.....fucking about 500.

Let me know bitches! No big deal if no one is up for it, I will be hitting the beaches and some DIY flats nearby.
You really need to coordinate this shit better. I'll miss you by 3 days. Of course I'll be in KW not Del Ray.
By joe cool
For everyone who's having trouble with the family/fishing balance, try finding another family you can stand to be away with for a week. My dad and uncle figured this out long ago. When we were too young to fish with them they'd leave us with the moms for a day or two over the course of the trip to go fish. Once we got old enough to go, they'd bring us out for half day trips while the ladies hit the spa or the hotel bar. I know it's not an option for everyone, but if you've got relatives or family friends to go with its something to consider so the wife/kids aren't stuck without. Plus we're usually back in time for dinner every night when the rest of the fam is ready to leave the beach. At his point it's just accepted that I'll spend all day until its time for dinner wandering the beach with my rod if we aren't out offshore somewhere with a guide that day.
By RFA
OK - Let's not hijack the king of hijacking's thread. This about 2011....not 2010. I am going down....fishing.
By Bruiser
BigTimber wrote:
RFA wrote:Soon to be Part III
I arrive in Delray Beach May 3rd (late), and will be in town/South Florida until May 14th. Anyone want to fish? a little over 2 weeks away! Psyched. I have enough flies to tie on a new one every other cast.....fucking about 500.

Let me know bitches! No big deal if no one is up for it, I will be hitting the beaches and some DIY flats nearby.
You really need to coordinate this shit better. I'll miss you by 3 days. Of course I'll be in KW not Del Ray.
I know you've been looking forward to this trip for a while. I wish I was going to the Keys to fish with that guy! Let there be happy tarpon, sun, and a nice little breeze. :cool
By davesnothere
Not far from Delray. Got an open spot on the skiff on the 6th if you can get away.

Oh yeah, saw this in your fly box. Really? Take that shit back to Darren and ask for a refund!

"official" intro

This reeks of the Widespread panics twats. Th[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine