That First Rush

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Jed

That First Rush

Post by Jed » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:59 am

When you first get your new stash you immediately open it and just look at it. You hold off, admiring for as you can. Just savoring the fact that you are now in control, not some ooutside force. Then you gourge yourself, taking in as much as you can get. It surges through your veins filling every molecule of your body and the fix is in. The pleasure is real, a calmness surges over you, ocean waves of delight. Then you realize that there is an end to this supply and you try to meter what is left. Going back and forth between getting the best rush and the longest high. It goes on, dragging out your stash until all that is left is memories or the residues that are in your mind. When I get to this point I can now set it aside and then start reading the Drake Mag again! The second time its not quite the same, but good enough. I know it won't last until next issue and the jones will be back on me, making my skin itch with anticipation but such is the life of a Drake junkie.jed

Salty

Re: That First Rush

Post by Salty » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:25 pm

I really hope mine gets here today
Ryan

http://busterwantstofish.com

"a complete lack on intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor that make beavis and butthead look like NPR commentators" Fyshnutz

Deerhawk

Post by Deerhawk » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:39 pm

I figer the Wagunsshould be about thru Injun country by now...so Im still bettin on an issue at the Mercantile before first snow :cool:
Take a powder shithead... this is MY spot!
Proud Member of the Hook and Bullet Generation

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:26 pm

Heck, ol' Jedediah wired in from some obscure port on the Inside Passage the other day. Tied up there with customs complications, a faulty boiler, and a First Mate tekan by the consumption. Expected to tie up in Skagway by early July if winds are favorable. Word on the Chilkoot is that snow is still deep and soft in the pass, lots of parties have turned back having lost a team of dogs or two, so I reckon' that that it'll be slow goin' what with all the hard tack, salted pork, and sundries they'll no doubt be saddled with as well. Chances are that by the time they get through all that, my poor little copy of the Drake will be a little damp to say the least. That is if it doesn't end up getting used for firestarter in desperation to keep the blood hawks away. With any luck, I'll get to lay eyes on it by sometime in Aug, the Good Lord willin.' And yes, it will be worth it. :coffee:
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

fyshnutz

Post by fyshnutz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:29 pm

Originally posted by Smithhammer:n . With any luck, I'll get to lay eyes on it by sometime in Aug, the Good Lord willin.' And yes, it will be worth it. :coffee:
Awfully optimistic aren't you? I hope you didn't order "Feeding Time" to go with that?
we''re gonna get thingy flapped on dillweed and bunghole some donkey punches - ''fud

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:38 pm

Yer right, I shoulda been more specific. I meant Aug. '07 . And what is this "Feeding Time" you speak of?
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Salty

Post by Salty » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:35 pm

Rumor has it that my copy is in the mail packet aboard a Pennisular and Oriental Steamer bound from Tampico Mex to Tampa, along with a fresh load of fighting monkeys, bannas, tequila and rubber dogshit
Ryan

http://busterwantstofish.com

"a complete lack on intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor that make beavis and butthead look like NPR commentators" Fyshnutz

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:38 pm

Originally posted by fyshnutz:n
:coffee:
Awfully optimistic aren't you? I hope you didn't order "Feeding Time" to go with that? [/QB]
Oh Oh..............Gulp
:stupid: n S.B.
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:41 pm

It has made it to the Vancouver, Washington Barnes and Noble. I hand it to the cashier, she looks at the hand covered in bugs and her nose puckers up as she mutters an audible "ewwww." After several seconds of scanning the cover, she finally finds the price written out in long hand - five bucks. "Why can't they just write the price with numbers like a normal magazine?" she asks. I smile and try not to laugh. "Yeah, the Drake sucks." She gives me a look as she gives me my change that makes it clear she does not understand why I think this is funny. Kinda like the look you get from a sober person when you crack a beer at 8:30 AM. Some people just don't understand the addiction. :D
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

El Bucko

Post by El Bucko » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:09 pm

You poor suffering subscribing bastards, the cool non-orvis fly shop in town has had it for at least a week, and now the hippy bookstore/coffee shop has it too. Take a nibble at a time, or eat the whole thing at once, both are good ways to read the Drake.
"Any time a man ain''t fishin'' he''s fritterin'' away his life."- Rancid Crabtree
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history." - Dan Quayle

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Originally posted by El Bucko:n Take a nibble at a time, or eat the whole thing at once, both are good ways to read the Drake.
I like to rip the covers off and lick out the cream filling.
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:14 pm

I like to throw food at it and call it horrible names.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish