This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Willi
[report]My last trip to the high country was a fiasco. I hiked in 5 miles totin' a backpack, expecting to spend the night. When I got to the lake it was "muddy" so I turned around and went home. Getting too old to be carrying a backpack 10 miles at alttitude. Last week I decided I'd try again, at a different lake hoping it wasn't too early. This time, I made a good choice.

The bowl from the highway

The road to the trailhead hadn't opened for the season year so there was a mile walk up a 4 wheel drive road

The spot you can usually drive to and the start of the trail

First view of the lake

Some fish shots showing the difference in coloration

Met this on the way out. The area is now loaded with them. Moose weren't native to Colorado but for some reason, they introduced some about ten years ago and the population has exploded.

Willi[/report]
By chuckphlegm
Righteous! Great pics. What were they shot with? If'n you don't mind me askin'.
By chuckphlegm
Blicero wrote:Word. I was at that place yesterday, it definitely didn't disappoint (and the road was open).
Either of you guys get some of those big eggs eating 'bows in there?
awesome country, and fish.. :cool
thanks for sharing..
By Truchero
Solid. There's nothing like the color of high county cutts. :cool :cool
Nice work. I miss that place. It's been a long time. A great locale to catch a fish with your skis on. Almost went there last week but two flat tires in one day slowed us down a little. Still haven't ever made it to the upper lake.
WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Farmer Palmer https://live.st[…]

Impeachment pool

I puts yur flies in the fishes mouth for you http[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine