Garspace

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Gremlin

Re: Garspace

Post by Gremlin » Sun May 17, 2015 11:56 am

cool, are those spawining gar? We used to find tiny 2" gar in the late spring....
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

2FlyFish4

Post by 2FlyFish4 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:23 pm

yep they are spawning. they will get up in those shallow riffles with their backs and tails out of the water to do their thing.
http://2flyfish4.blogspot.com/

Creamer

Post by Creamer » Mon May 18, 2015 8:08 am

Had a little one take a swipe at a flash streamer on Saturday, hooked himself underneath the bottom jaw. I had several others take swipes and not get hooked.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue May 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Yesterday was my pune barfday. I ended up having to work. This is America...
So at 5PM, I decided, fuck it, I have had enough and that I would try find Neusie. Got stuck in traffic, but I preferred the AC and blasting toons over engineering shit talk.
Neusie: She is this big bitch of a gar who has successfully broken two rods, countless leaders and my heart on several occasions.
Yesterday, in the dying moments of the daylight, I managed to salvage what would have been the worst birthday and lay claim to the 50"+ club. Not that anyone cares about numbers, but I personally needed to see if these thangs grew to that length in this drainage, and they sure as fuck do.
This is the lesser spotted schlongnose gar...
Thought I had her beat. Five more powerful runs and presto...
I was so stoked I peed my pants.
And grabbed some suss Sanchez dindins. I also have the biggest hangover known to mankind today. Fuck, it won't get easy, just hit mid-dirty thirties :vomit
Peace y'all
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Tue May 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Well happy birthday then.

:cool

steelhound

Post by steelhound » Wed May 20, 2015 6:04 am

Tranny for the win
frustrated. After a few "what the fucks?" "i suck"s and a break on shore I convinced her to get back to casting. I clearly remember this question/statement "so you actually think this is fun. These fish are fucked"
Marlo

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:27 pm

[report]Being that I live in a state full of fucking gar, I have been on a mission to catch one on the fly. A buddy told me about a place that he calls the gar hole, and it's name describes it perfectly. When we arrived, I knew we were in gar territory....

When we got down to the water, there were gar hitting the surface all over this big deep, slow pool as they caught their next breath. I wasn't sure which one to cast to first. My buddy came around and high-holed me, and immediately hooked up. He caught it on a 7wt bamboo rod he built too!

I tried like hell the rest of the day to get one myself, and I just couldn't make it happen. If I could have cast another 20ft, I might have had a shot. Oh well, I'm hooked now. I must catch one!!!!

:cool[/report]
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

Genome

Post by Genome » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:54 pm

[report]Bill recently destroyed plans to float an Ozark stream for smallies. So Father’s day left me with free time but no rivers that weren’t blown out. Plan B was hatched. Snuffbox, A lurker and I decided to chase down some “Hillbilly Tarpon” in the flooded backwaters. It was a ridiculous slimy success.

This is not a boat ramp

perfectly trashy

Snuff gripping the gunwale and clinching his asshole. Every time this one twitched the canoe rocked a bit.

We did not smell good and were covered in gar shit but it was time for some sustenance.

Cheers![/report]

Palometa

Post by Palometa » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:26 pm

That was fantastic- a couple of those were cows
Protect WYDAHO fish & game, fence out Utah.

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Holy shit.

Are those long nose gar? I didn't think they got that sort of girth.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 pm

Damn those are some big fat gar. The restaurant should have thrown y'all out, I know how bad those things smell.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

comescrashing

Post by comescrashing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Some of those gar were massive