This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Springfed
bump
By tim_s
7 months later, a gus update

early training went well.....gus ended up going on 95% of my duck trips this year; my initial plan was not to hunt him, but he was doing well enough on marked retrieves that i couldn't leave him home

he ended up making about 60% of my retrieves.....he made just about all the retrieves i sent him on, although a few rocks had to be thrown.....casting is on our spring training schedule

he's up to around 85 lbs - you can actually see the difference in his size between the early season and late season pics

he's a little nutty at times, but might actually be better than otis was in the field when all is said and done

By fatman
Days gone by....
cecil.jpg
cecil.jpg (59.56 KiB) Viewed 937 times
the New Guard. already showing some gray...
kass.jpg
kass.jpg (142.44 KiB) Viewed 937 times
By McH
What’s been occupying my time lately..

Brought this little girl home in September

she has been working through the bird & gun intro real well

Hopefully I'll be able to put her on the real deal towards the end of the grouse season here in PA

:cool
By Bobwhite
Nice finish, Sluice Box!

This little fella is Tommy's first dog, so she got to name him. The poor guy got tagged with, "Frisbee".
Frisbee1.jpg
Frisbee
Frisbee1.jpg (580.23 KiB) Viewed 854 times
There's a group of gals in the area that raise and train flat-coat retrievers, and Lisa and Tommy have been taken into the fold... a really great way to introduce Tommy to dog training, gun safety, and ultimately bird hunting.

It's a win/win/win. I get a trained bird dog without any work... a new hunting buddy... and, any young lady that owns a shot gun and can crush a rooster at 40 yards, is probably gonna have a higher standard of fellow sniffing around.
FrisbeeTommy.jpg
Frisbee and Tommy
FrisbeeTommy.jpg (473.08 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Last edited by Bobwhite on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PastorBen
Hey there
Mz Ashley is a Red Lab…and she has a wonderful nose…for Pheasants..sadly I don’t hunt any more so there has never arose the chance to retrieve…unless it been a fish or two…

mice

fishes

Bacon

corn dogs

the pathetic look

more fishes…

huns

she even knows what a deer is…

Gophers

Grace and peace

Ben and Mz Ashley
By fatman