This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Here I am on the gulf coast in the saltwater that I consider home. The "hootch" turns into appalachicola and dumps into the gulf here. I have spent lots of time here living in a tent, shucking oysters, shrimping, and chasing redfish. I proposed to my wife here a long time ago and have retreated here many times.
Tomorrow is a special day. Tomorrow will be sixteen years since I held my wife and my firstborn in my arms and prayed for mercy........oh dear mercy. The lord had different plans and took my child away.

It was as bitter as it could possibly be. And I have spent countless hours of my life since that day trying to understand why. I have trusted even though I haven't understood.I can't say that it hasn't hurt but I can say that he is good and right and I know that he loves me and his plan is perfect.

Last night upon arriving we went out to eat and outside the restaurant my thirteen year old lost a ring I had just given her. It was my"promise ring" . A symbol of my promise as a dad to always love and take care of her......and she had lost it in the sand. We looked but it was dark and we were tired from travel. I promised her we would look in the morning.

I couldn't sleep . I was up at daylight . The owner of the resturaunt wished me luck but didn't give me much hope. He laughed when I told him I had all week to find my baby' s ring. He didn't understand.

I found it at fifteen after ten. I had moved about two pickup truck loads of sand with a plastic shovel .......I found it! And I cried. ....oh I cried.......because this time there was something I could do and goddammit I did it! And I'll never give up. Never.

I spent the rest of the morning with my four kids on the beach. We caught some whiting and missed a few crabs with the net . We burried little Bob up to his neck in the sand and watched a guy down the way land a nice pompano after a long fight. This afternoon I got out on the boat and despite a slow bite I got my redfish. A nice 24" beauty along with a raw index finger again from stripping the line.

Life is good and the Lord is good. Every day to me is a reminder.

I hope y'all understand.

B.M.
By The Volfish
Sounds like she has a great dad.
By CharlieJenkem
Fuck-I wasn't ready for that... Couldn't have been easy to type, let alone live through. Way to pull through on the ring. And thanks for the reminder :cool
By Bobwhite
I can't possibly imagine what it feels like to loose a child... or how it would effect me.

It sounds like it's made you stronger and more determined in a myriad of ways...

My hat is off to you, sir.

Bob White
By Ephemeral
Well done through out,

well done.

eph
By Streamer
Ephemeral wrote:Well done through out,

well done.

eph
X3

Yer Pal,
Streamer
By SLSS
Damn BC. A reminder of how harsh and fragile life can be. Best to you and your family.
By KP
What a sweet reminder of all that matters.

God bless you and your's,

KP
By Rif_Raft
It's Monday morning, have just fed Daisy her porridge, she is crawling around my feet playing with my toes as I type this. I just can't imagine what you and your wife went throught. A moving story. All the very best to you and yours.

Regards
Rif
Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

tell me one fucking thing we like about liverpool.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

McPhillips Fiery Brown Stimulator https://li[…]

I'm a top! :cheer

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine