Fly Fishing Dog Names

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Hogleg

Re: Fly Fishing Dog Names

Post by Hogleg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:19 pm

You'll not find a bigger God lover than me and I've been through the horrible experience of puttin 'em down a couple of times. While I'm truly sorry for your loss, I also thank you for blindly stumbling into here with this wierd, misguided post because there are about 5 replies that made me shit myself with laughter! This is the Drake I know and love.

Seriously though, I always thought Foadiaf would be the quintesiential fly fishing dog name.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:I used to bang this girl who had two Pomeranians. It was awkward cuz she was twenty and lived with her pRents and I was like 28. She couldn't go to the bar so I would get all fucked up and if nothing else was going on go over to her parents house and lay it down like a Scott high performance fly rod all night while her parents cried. Anyway I couldn't stand those dam dogs and would let them out while everyone was preoccupied and one night coyotes ate them. I'm pretty sure they had matching names but I can't remember what they were
That's the funniest shit I've read in a good long while. I'll bet the Cohen brothers would like the rights to that story... Agreed that whole thing is a golden sig line.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Shit I was going through a spell back then. I woke up wearing flip flops in the passenger seat of her explorer one morning up on top of the Tennessee valley divide where the A T crosses the road near coopers gap. She was in the drivers seat wearing running shoes. I got a warm beer from the case cracked it And stepped out to piss and hear comes 3 hikers. We didn't get to talking so I'm not sure if they were out for the weekend or actually starting a thru hike. I don't think they were ready to talk to a drunk guy wearing only flip flops at 9 in the morning
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:32 am

Nothing mo better than Nike footprints on the headliner.

:cool
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

Oldog
Location: I've never been to Spain, but I've been to Oklahoma

Post by Oldog » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Truly sorry about your loss. Been there.

If you had used the search button you would have found that there have been a couple of threads in our archives dealing with 'fly fishing dog names', but you did not bother to read the newby primer so we can't expect too much can we.

Bring that bottle of Makers over here and pull up a chair. perhaps we can help you.

First off, if you have a fly fishing dog, call him friggin' Jackpot cause you can make a lot of money at the fly fishing industry shows.

If it is about naming a dog with a fly fishing related name, maybe we can help.

The obvious choices would be Bitch, or Son of a Bitch.
If they are fixed you could go with Spey or Barbless.
If they act like they are always in heat or dry humping anything that doesn't you could call her Nymph or him Humpy.
If he shits up stream and you act like it does not hurt the fishing, call him Pebble (like the mine).

If you like equipment you could go with Rod or Butt.

A friend of mine named his dog Hooker. Drove by the house one night and his wife was standing on the front porch in her robe under the porch light yelling "Hooker".

You could of course use fly fishing lingo for your inspiration.

I bet you have heard SPORT before.
When I am fishing with experienced fishers (like the Drakians here) I here a couple of fishing terms over and over again:
Ragarm
Dip stick
Fuck stick
Fucking High Holer

Down on the gulf I have heard locals use 'Penche Pendajo', I think it means man with great casting skills. It must be good becasue they smile and point at me when they say it.

One of my favorties when we are deciding who is going to fish with whom is 'Albatross' - 'Having Oldog on your skiff is like having an Albatross around your neck'.

The one I use most is a well intended comment of positive reinforcment. When someone makes the cast in one shot that I have been trying to hit for 30 minutes say Nice cast, pigfucker. Pigfucker, that is a great dog name.

Of course if the dog is hard to house break, you coudl always name it Nemo.

Good luck, may the new dog live a long life and grow to eat everything, lay around the house farting and making funny groaning noises when he gets up to go pee. Peeing in itself takes about five minutes to empty the bladder, and he doesn't always make it to the door. That's when you can call us Oldogs.
I punched an unemployed actor, defending her dignity. When he stood up and knocked me through the bar room door that girl came home with me. JBrowne

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Old Dog,

Freaking literary genius!!
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Get Bent

Post by Get Bent » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Holy shit this thread has taken a funny turn... I think I shit my self... :smile

Sorry about your dog!

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 am

Yet another drakian classic. Makes wading thru some of the recent pissing contests almost seem worth the time. Thanks for your efforts.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

ak_powder_monkey

Post by ak_powder_monkey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 am

Keta

I know its cliche but...
Save Wild Salmon, Eat Wild Salmon.

http://www.akpmphotos.com

Donk

Post by Donk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 am

eddy.......that way when you call him........BACK.. EDDY.

sorry to hear about your dog.

or like most Austrians call their dog.......DOG..... cause we be lazy, and have NO imagination. Ha

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

If you get a laborador, name him Meth...you know Meth Lab....
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I didn't initially open this thread cause I think fly fishing dog names fairly reek of faggot hippydom. Calling your animal caddis or drake or mayfly just seems really gay to me. Sorry if your dog's name is caddis, you chose poorly.
This is Teddy. Teddy's the best animal in the world.Image

Here's a picture of Teddy eating my wallet and the contents therein:

Teddy puts down fish and swims after released catches but I don't care because Teddy is the best animal in the world.

I hope when you get a new dog you give him a good name like Teddy and don't call him some fairy name like pupa.

Dickhead
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers