I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Post Reply
User avatar
shunned
Posts: 9999
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:01 am
Location: prison... but only on the weekends.
Contact:

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by shunned » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:10 am

so this morning I took the ladies to go and meet rochester and put a deposit on the lil' bastard.

we got to see the pups in the flesh though they weren't doing much at 4 weeks, just stumbling about and trying to see.
a bit like I was two hours beforehand.

didn't get to meet the daddy puppy but he's some 4 times blue ribbon champ or some shit, so I wasn't too bothered.
the mummy puppy was fucking ferocious.
have a look at the death glare... I always knew this kid was mine.
psycho glare.jpg
psycho glare.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 715 times
ferocious.jpg
ferocious.jpg (77.87 KiB) Viewed 715 times
puppy doggies 2.jpg
puppy doggies 2.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 715 times

question:

I guess it's time to start nesting for this horrible shit.
what do I need besides a bed, food, lead, chew toys and a rolled up newspaper to beat him with?

payment:
chalky.jpg
chalky.jpg (481.23 KiB) Viewed 715 times
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people




.

User avatar
fatman
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: where the deer and the antelope play

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by fatman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:52 am

get a kennel - the type that you haul dogs around in cars.

Make that his "home". In time, he'll go right to it when he wants some alone time.

BTW, for some reason puppies really love to chew the crotch out of female panties,
so has the lasses keep their undies picked up....
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

User avatar
CreekStone
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by CreekStone » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 am

Get the book "Family Dog" by Richard Wolters. It will give you a wk by wk guide to socializing the pup. It also shows you how to train the pup in the basics, sit/heel/here. There will be a list of essentials listed in the book. If you want the pup to be a hunter, get "Water Dog". Same basic stuff just shows you more of the training to make the pup a hunter.

User avatar
El General
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by El General » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:54 pm

fatman wrote:get a kennel - the type that you haul dogs around in cars.

Make that his "home". In time, he'll go right to it when he wants some alone time.

BTW, for some reason puppies really love to chew the crotch out of female panties,
so has the lasses keep their undies picked up....
This is an easy article on crate training. It is a must in my opinion.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/crate/kennel.htm

Also, CreekStone, Wolters' writing on dog training isn't worth the match it takes to burn it. Let's just say that the training has come a long way since he wrote that stuff.

User avatar
Bobwhite
Posts: 5105
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Marine on St. Croix, MN
Contact:

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by Bobwhite » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

fatman wrote:get a kennel - the type that you haul dogs around in cars.

Make that his "home". In time, he'll go right to it when he wants some alone time.
Solid advice, there.
BTW, for some reason puppies really love to chew the crotch out of female panties
Yeah, and it's something that no ones been able to break me of either...

Seriously, good move Shawn... I bet the ladies just love the little guy. And, you too.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

User avatar
CreekStone
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by CreekStone » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm

General, in regards to basic obedience and socialization I think your wrong. If your talking about advanced field retriever training yeah Id have to agree that Rex Carrs program used and improved upon by Mike Lardy is/was the most widely used training program back in the day. Just not sure that's what shunned was looking for. I'd love to hear about how it's being done now. Got any book/program references?

speybait
Posts: 1755
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:01 am

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by speybait » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Lookin' at those pups?

You're gonna need some expendable furniture.

Proper.
""Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

User avatar
Hogleg
Posts: 4060
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm
Location: Over yonder

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by Hogleg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Get a kennel, no question about it. Go ahead and get one that will accomodate him when he's fully grown. It's the only way to fly. If you want some more info on kennel training shoot me a pm, I'll be happy to share what I know about it.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

User avatar
Yard Sale
Posts: 3459
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:01 am
Location: Walking downstream one step at a time

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by Yard Sale » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

CreekStone wrote:Get the book "Family Dog" by Richard Wolters. It will give you a wk by wk guide to socializing the pup. It also shows you how to train the pup in the basics, sit/heel/here. There will be a list of essentials listed in the book. If you want the pup to be a hunter, get "Water Dog". Same basic stuff just shows you more of the training to make the pup a hunter.
Yes and YES! This is the way to train a dog without treats or shock collars or such BS. At the very least get the book and give it a read.
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

User avatar
jhnnythndr
Posts: 3965
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm
Location: transient

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 pm

I guess I gotta come in on teh side of Water Dog here. IF you want to hunt test, or Field Trial, there are without a doubt some more current manuals out there, but honestly, if your gonna feed and shovel after a lab, you need to read it. It's like Trout Bum or The Sun Also Rises. it may not have anything to do with what you want to involve yourself in, but it remains required reading. I just re-upped myself.
Image

Wish I had fancy pants name like faunterloy rochester wilhelm the III.

I'm kickin around piper penny and midge today. brandy is too slutty.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

User avatar
fatman
Posts: 5370
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Location: where the deer and the antelope play

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by fatman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:48 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:I guess I gotta come in on teh side of Water Dog here. IF you want to hunt test, or Field Trial, there are without a doubt some more current manuals out there, but honestly, if your gonna feed and shovel after a lab, you need to read it. It's like Trout Bum or The Sun Also Rises. it may not have anything to do with what you want to involve yourself in, but it remains required reading. I just re-upped myself.
Image

Wish I had fancy pants name like faunterloy rochester wilhelm the III.

I'm kickin around piper penny and midge today. brandy is too slutty.
I dig labs :Roll Eyes
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

User avatar
Springfed
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 am
Location: MN

Re: I must've been good... I've permission to buy a dog

Post by Springfed » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 pm

fatman wrote:
jhnnythndr wrote:I guess I gotta come in on teh side of Water Dog here. IF you want to hunt test, or Field Trial, there are without a doubt some more current manuals out there, but honestly, if your gonna feed and shovel after a lab, you need to read it. It's like Trout Bum or The Sun Also Rises. it may not have anything to do with what you want to involve yourself in, but it remains required reading. I just re-upped myself.
Image

Wish I had fancy pants name like faunterloy rochester wilhelm the III.

I'm kickin around piper penny and midge today. brandy is too slutty.
I dig labs :Roll Eyes
x2. Posted here before, but couldn't help it... :cool

Image
Painting keeps me in touch with the earth. so does a good left hook. -shunned
Dood, who do I have to kill to be 30 again?...Hope it isn't you... - MEXICO RETURNS

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigguy, Bing [Bot], BobLoblaw, EML, Google [Bot], GuloGulo, Junkin, LTFI, skullion childs, The Wandering Blues and 111 guests