This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Springfed wrote:
fatman wrote:
jhnnythndr wrote:I guess I gotta come in on teh side of Water Dog here. IF you want to hunt test, or Field Trial, there are without a doubt some more current manuals out there, but honestly, if your gonna feed and shovel after a lab, you need to read it. It's like Trout Bum or The Sun Also Rises. it may not have anything to do with what you want to involve yourself in, but it remains required reading. I just re-upped myself.

Wish I had fancy pants name like faunterloy rochester wilhelm the III.

I'm kickin around piper penny and midge today. brandy is too slutty.
I dig labs :Roll Eyes
x2. Posted here before, but couldn't help it... :cool

x3
558.jpg
558.jpg (108.21 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Labs are game-fucking-on when it comes to outdoor adventures. My two knuckleheads broke trail for 4 miles today in snow over their heads and loved every minute of it.
IMG_0211[1].jpg
IMG_0211[1].jpg (100.78 KiB) Viewed 792 times
IMG_0219[1].jpg
IMG_0219[1].jpg (126.08 KiB) Viewed 792 times
IMG_0223[1].jpg
IMG_0223[1].jpg (117.74 KiB) Viewed 792 times
A tired God is a good God
I'm all good with the kennel, mates.
I'll get a little one at first, then upgrade to an orvis.

question:

so... kennel door open or shut?
I'm sticking the little bastard in the laundry room with the laundry door shut. it's across from our bedroom (well... on the other side of the parlour, next to the dining room and over from the library) so I'm pretty sure she'll get up if he pisses himself... she's kinda used to that shit.
eventually I'll leave the door open when he's big enough to rag the colonial brothers... you know, if he gets to them before I do.

payment: (I really like this one. (growl... as per orbison))
growl.jpg
growl.jpg (468.13 KiB) Viewed 781 times
This may seem odd but the folks we got our lab from did something I'd never seen before. They put bandannas around the dames neck--one for each pup. When the pup was picked up by us, one of the bandannas went home with mom's scent on it. We kept it in the kennel with the pup and she seemed much calmer at night. No crying or barking. Seemed to work very well.

Kennel training is the way to go. It's been my experience with house/basic dog training that consistency is the key. The dog needs to have a schedule and the schedules must be kept as much as possible.
ditchdoc wrote:This may seem odd but the folks we got our lab from did something I'd never seen before. They put bandannas around the dames neck--one for each pup. When the pup was picked up by us, one of the bandannas went home with mom's scent on it. We kept it in the kennel with the pup and she seemed much calmer at night. No crying or barking. Seemed to work very well.

Kennel training is the way to go. It's been my experience with house/basic dog training that consistency is the key. The dog needs to have a schedule and the schedules must be kept as much as possible.

X2 for the bandana/rag. It works.

Mate, is she an Abo?
meet rochester... the boofhead of the bunch with paws like david seaman.

he's gonna be a big boy.
rochester.jpg
rochester.jpg (112.83 KiB) Viewed 655 times
rochester 5wks.jpg
rochester 5wks.jpg (104.66 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Beauty; and the pup's cute as well.

Yeah, he's gonna be a big'un....
:cool
That's a blocky bastard there mate. No sex for Mitch for about 2.5 months maybe about 6 months. Unless he trolls with Rochester as the bait. Then be can score strange. But the score is this mate. The old lady won't give it up til he doesn't piss or shot or chew the house down. 2.5 months you might have a handle on things. Pissing and shitting is easy. He goes out to the same spot through the same door every 15-20 minutes when he's not in the kennel. And 2-5 minutes after he drinks or eats. A couple weeks he'll be good. Not failsafe mind. But good. Chewing? Fuck all
I love photos of cute kids and puppies...

Ha... you must be a hero in your house right now, Shawn. Good for you!

Win/win/win...
Couldn't help yourself after my pic eh????
Well played, and like fatman said, the dog is fine looking as well. :cool
ditchdoc wrote:This may seem odd but the folks we got our lab from did something I'd never seen before. They put bandannas around the dames neck--one for each pup. When the pup was picked up by us, one of the bandannas went home with mom's scent on it. We kept it in the kennel with the pup and she seemed much calmer at night. No crying or barking. Seemed to work very well.

This is better advice than you would find on the AKC forum...with DD 100% on this one. :cool

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Pearly Muddler Mayfly https://live.staticfli[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Summer was nice. https://i.imgur.com/2xETTzX.jp[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine