Spam for a Good Product

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Lando

Re: Spam for a Good Product

Post by Lando » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 pm

How can we hope to compete with CSU in recruiting speed with our State's current drug laws?
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

fat tire

Post by fat tire » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:19 am

Very true. I expect a continued increase in the talent at CSU. I mean what blue chip recruit doesn't want to come play at Sonny Lubick Field stoned to the begegious?
Dirty Steve, "You're a red ass Mexican greaser, you do it with your horse. Mexican greaser!
Chavez, "Come here, you little white chicken shit."

ironman

Post by ironman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Steiner makes some awesome equipment. 1 minute, you are mowing, the next minute you can be removing waist high heart attack snow piles from your lane. Brilliant piece.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:32 am

Hey thndr, let me tell you something.

If you haven't gotten that gift for the father-in-law, or even give yourself something you'll actually like this Christmas, check out Keen's Dallas Wellington Boots. You can get steel-toed, soft-toe (shown), or there is even a new style (I don't really like it that well). The boot is waterproof yet breathable, the sole is slip resistant (meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH Standards), and they are quite comfortable.

I stumbled upon these boots one day when I was looking for something to slip on and go tromp through winter's biggest messes. They are good looking, sturdy, and the sole's traction is quite remarkable. I have tried to get them to slip, but they keep resisting, no matter how persistent my attempts. So go ahead and check them out.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/sho ... rk%20brown
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:15 am

Somebody PM jhnnythndr. Can't leave Lando hanging like this
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:12 am

My last 2 pairs of keens were a little disappointing. Soles delaminates from upper almost immediately. I was always gluing them back up.

I have some wolverine welling tons that refuse to die but those keens do have some intrigue, the qc issues were frustrating because the targgee2 mid was my favorite shoe.

Ill be interested to check back in come springtime/break up. Or runoff what have you- to see how they have stood up and also to see how they handle the challenging conditions.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 pm

foldy chair.jpg
foldy chair.jpg (27.31 KiB) Viewed 582 times
https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-flex-lite-chair

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Lifeproof cases. I've had a lifeproof nuud case for my iPad for a couple of years and it's kept the device safe dry and functional in plenty wet conditions. I am however rough on it and had managed to rip off the plug for The headphone jack, and knock off the charge port door gasket. I called lifeproof to see if I could buy replacement parts. The girl at the call center (which is domestic) told me that they don't sell those parts to consumers. I was about to pop off when she added "but we'd be happy to send you a new case if you cover postage of $4.50. Got it in today. Great product and great service.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Dang it!

I just ordered a phone case today but didn't want to throw down that much.

Good to know they stand their stuff.

I will update on my review of the UAG (Urban Armour Gear) phone case.

It boasts Military drop grade so you know its good.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Spicytuna wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm
Dang it!

I just ordered a phone case today but didn't want to throw down that much.

Good to know they stand their stuff.

I will update on my review of the UAG (Urban Armour Gear) phone case.

It boasts Military drop grade so you know its good.
I really like the nuud case because there's nothing over your screen to interfere with the sensitivity of touch. Mine has taken massive amounts of salt spray with no issues whatsoever.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Mangina

Post by Mangina » Wed May 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm
Lifeproof cases. I've had a lifeproof nuud case for my iPad for a couple of years and it's kept the device safe dry and functional in plenty wet conditions. I am however rough on it and had managed to rip off the plug for The headphone jack, and knock off the charge port door gasket. I called lifeproof to see if I could buy replacement parts. The girl at the call center (which is domestic) told me that they don't sell those parts to consumers. I was about to pop off when she added "but we'd be happy to send you a new case if you cover postage of $4.50. Got it in today. Great product and great service.

Red

In my opinion, they really are poorly made. Great for waterproof needs (initially), impact resistance, etc.

Problem I've found is the rubber/plastic they use is shit. It peels simply putting it in and pulling it out of your pocket. When it does, I question the waterproof protection.

Now

That being said, I've sent two back. Replacements within the week were sent to me.

If you don't mind the extra bulk, their "mophie" case is damn fine (still the rubber peeling issues though)
TMex puts vibrio on his breakfast tacos

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm
I was about to pop off
hmmm. I don't see how farting would've made the situation any better but whatever.

oh, and I'm never asking to borrow your phone.
mate, it's ryan says... and ryan didn't say.
you're out.