Spam for a Good Product

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Redchaser

Re: Spam for a Good Product

Post by Redchaser » Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Mangina wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:34 pm
Redchaser wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm
Lifeproof cases. I've had a lifeproof nuud case for my iPad for a couple of years and it's kept the device safe dry and functional in plenty wet conditions. I am however rough on it and had managed to rip off the plug for The headphone jack, and knock off the charge port door gasket. I called lifeproof to see if I could buy replacement parts. The girl at the call center (which is domestic) told me that they don't sell those parts to consumers. I was about to pop off when she added "but we'd be happy to send you a new case if you cover postage of $4.50. Got it in today. Great product and great service.

Red

In my opinion, they really are poorly made. Great for waterproof needs (initially), impact resistance, etc.

Problem I've found is the rubber/plastic they use is shit. It peels simply putting it in and pulling it out of your pocket. When it does, I question the waterproof protection.

Now

That being said, I've sent two back. Replacements within the week were sent to me.

If you don't mind the extra bulk, their "mophie" case is damn fine (still the rubber peeling issues though)
I haven't had any kind of peeling issue, of course seeing as how mine is on an ipad, I haven't been pulling it in and out of my pocket, and as I mentioned, mine has spent a lot of time in what is likely the wettest boat on the planet and kept my tablet secure and dry.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Redchaser wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm
mine has spent a lot of time in what is likely the wettest boat on the planet and kept my tablet secure and dry.
You never told me you got a Lostmen.

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Wed May 03, 2017 9:22 pm

I've had a nuud on my phone going on four years, while it shows a little wear and tear, it seems to be ok. Can't say the same for the DeYoung art work on it...it's just about gone! 'Tard, I don't know about water-proof, but it is fart-proof!

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 pm

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 pm
Redchaser wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm
mine has spent a lot of time in what is likely the wettest boat on the planet and kept my tablet secure and dry.
You never told me you got a Lostmen.

I second this.. I've been in 3 or 4 different lostmen.. Wettest damn boat ever... my 14' basically flat bottom skiff is 100% dryer than them.. they pole nice, but unless its mirror finish calm, your ass is gonna be wet when you get to the flat..
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Mon May 15, 2017 7:54 am

If you want to know which one is me, just look for the worst cast in the whole video.

boy in long pants

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 am

fuck. that's a really hard decision as there's sooo fucking many.

give us another clue.
mate, it's ryan says... and ryan didn't say.
you're out.