R.I.P. Trask

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
I.F.P...

Re: R.I.P. Trask

Post by I.F.P... » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 am

Nemo,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Been there before and know the pain you are feeling. Give it time and go pick up a new pup, won't be the same but will be different in some wonderful ways.
Ego Charged Bobber Loving Fly Rod Owning Whore.

Sugarbush

Post by Sugarbush » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 am

Sorry for your loss.

Trask had a great, long run, and that makes this time even more difficult.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.
There's mud in my drawers.

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 am

I'm so sorry, Tom. A while back we had to say goodbye to our pup Murphy.

At the time, a friend steered me onto this quote from Eugene O'Neill. It helped us... hope it does the same for you.

"One last word of farewell, Dear Master. Whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret but also with happiness in your hearts at the remembrance of my long happy life with you: "Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail."
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

midstream

Post by midstream » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am

I know how it feels, sorry man. Looks like he had a good life, remember the good times.
If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains by a river, you are lucky enough.

Black Dog

Post by Black Dog » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:04 am

Hell Tom, that's terrible news. I hope Trask went peacefully. A sip will be poured tonight for you and Trask.
"Hatchery-raised fish are no substitute for wild steelhead." U.S. District Court Judge Oliver Wanger

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 am

Sorry Boss.
Lyrical

DuckFarts

Post by DuckFarts » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:46 am

Tom, so sorry for your loss...I'll be passing out extra biscuts tonight for Trask.
"I only jack off to make your wife's face look like a painter's radio."-Red Humpy

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am

Many sips shall be poured tonight.
"Get back home where you belong, and dont ya run off no more"

Deerhawk

Post by Deerhawk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:58 am

...aye Captain, tis a sad day

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

After reading through the previous seven pages I sat back in my chair and looked out the window - but I wasn't really seeing anything except in my mind's eye. I'm watching my late Australian Shepherd, Nuzzle, jump the fence - again and in spite of my shouts - and start swimming in the neighbor's pool - again. And that's just the start of a flood of good memories that are often triggered by the news of the passing of another good dog somewhere, known and unknown. The pain is still there; she died in the backseat as I raced like a madman down the highways from our local vet to the closest pet hospital nearly two hours away, but it was too late. It still brings a lump to my throat almost two years later. Both are still with me, the joy of our time together and the pain of her loss, as they will be with you, Tom, and all of us who have lost a beloved dog that has shared so much with us. I feel for you, because it won't get any better, but at least like all of us you will have the joyful memories like the ones in the pictures you shared to balance out the current pain.
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:13 pm

So sorry Tom. I am fast approaching the day when both of my dogs will move on. I think about it constantly....and am terrified of it.

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long. :cool
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

KP

Post by KP » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm

...old dogs and children--and watermelon wine.

RIP Trask,

KP
“We think of hunting and fishing as escape, and they are. They are escape from a society of escapism: from pervasive complacency, from media pitched to the lowest common denominator, from trivialization of thought, from the politics of blandness, from gladiators, celebrities, entertainment, scandals, the life synthetic.” -– Datus Proper