This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By castingoutloud
[report][attachment=5]CHILLEDHC.jpg[/attachment]
The Volfish was kind enough to invite me onto his skiff in central Florida for some Red Fish fishing Sunday February 13th.

I hit the road for the hour and twenty minute drive to his place.

Timed it just right (about the only thing I got right all day).
[attachment=4]Dash.jpg[/attachment]

'I thought I gave you instructions to leave this shit weather back in Canada' is all I heard as I crunched across the frosted grass and palm tree debris on the front lawn. After some quick introduction we grabbed coffee lined up the rods hooked up the skiff and headed for the launch.

[attachment=3]Launch.jpg[/attachment]

Vol fired up the boat and we where on our way.

[attachment=2]Bow.jpg[/attachment]

I have never fished the Salt in my adult life and shit was coming from every direction. Birds from the sky fucking dolphins from the sea...Fuck.

I thought they where spose to be smart? One fucker came right at the boat and looked me in the eye as Vol swerved to miss it. Dolphin Chicken (dolphin won).

[attachment=1]Dolphin.jpg[/attachment]

We got to a spot and started to fish. 'Have you ever fly-fished before?' I don't know if that came before or after my fist cast.

Fish where all over the place but I could not see them or I thought I saw them who knows... after some shit casts. 'You don't see the fish do you?'

At this point I am waiting to feel the butt end of the push-poll shove me off the bow of the boat. I suck and I can not see the fish.

blah blah blah... this is a TR and not a whiny bitchy woe is me loser excuses post.

I did see some fish and I felt bad for the Vol cause he kept putting me onto them and I kept fucking up the shot.

Time for some lunch.

[attachment=0]Lunch.jpg[/attachment]

Stopped into JB's and watched the boats come and go shot the shit, smoked some cigars and headed back out.

The Volfish was a great host I had a great time just have to bring some game next time.

Thanks man good times.

:cool[/report]
Attachments:
Lunch.jpg
Lunch.jpg (472.58 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Dolphin.jpg
Dolphin.jpg (569.8 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Bow.jpg
Bow.jpg (498.71 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Launch.jpg
Launch.jpg (347.78 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Dash.jpg
Dash.jpg (346.85 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
CHILLEDHC.jpg
CHILLEDHC.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2409 times
Last edited by castingoutloud on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mangina
Vol is good people and JBs has a killer grouper sandwhich and hats off to those Floridians for getting Yuengling!!!
By jdub
castingoutloud wrote: blah blah blah... this is a TR and not a whiny bitchy woe is me loser excuses post.
I did see some fish and I felt bad for the Vol cause he kept putting me onto them and I kept fucking up the shot.
Welcome to the club. If there is anything I have learned as a fresh to salt conversion it is that, with time on the water and taking those shots, the fuckups become less numerous and the hookups increase. But the fuckups never fuckin' go away. That is what makes it fun!
By BigCliff
Yeah they're tricky to spot. Looks like a good time and some fine hosting.
By BigTimber
Time on the water is priceless.
By Oldog
Yeah

Been there!

Done that!

Vol makes it a great time.
By deerfly
fucking canadian's :cool

chillin' at JB's can fix even the worst day on the water, probably the best asset the goon has to offer... yer a good man vol
By shunned
my goodness.
By m.b.
so it ain't as easy as it looks, huh?

nice of volfish to take you out. he's a good guy, regardless of what everyone says.
By The Volfish
You managed to turn one and get a good follow, he just saw the skiff.

Thanks for the top quality smoke.

By the way, hasn't been any frost since you left.
By castingoutloud
The Volfish wrote:You managed to turn one and get a good follow, he just saw the skiff.

Thanks for the top quality smoke.

By the way, hasn't been any frost since you left.
You are too kind.
BTW we have pre-booked the same trip at the same time next year so you have lots advance warning find yourself being busy those weeks next year.
Thanks for an excellent day.
:cool
Friday Cheer Through Pics

I'm still lurking around. And the snow is melting[…]

Hah. You don’t get an answer while we&r[…]

If You’re Planning To Come To Montana

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpete[…]

Things That PISS Me Off!

jeff grosso. poor fucker.

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine