This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By truteya
Maybe I'll start wearing flannel when I fish.
By Articulated Trico
What pulls harder a rainbow or carp? Better yet what is harder to feed a fly when you can see them?

Willi I have this personal adage in life where the toughest people don't now how tough they really are and those that think they are tough really are not! With you it is more like the best anglers don't know how good of angler they really are! Which all are really derived from Socrates saying, you are only wise when you realize how unwise you really are! Willi you are a wise one!
By Woolybug25
Willi could be fishing a bonefish flat in the Bahamas and somehow pull a 25 inch rainbow.

The pied piper of trout :cool
By Willi
Articulated Trico wrote:What pulls harder a rainbow or carp? Better yet what is harder to feed a fly when you can see them?
I think that a Carp's fight is over rated. They are big and bulky so they can pull, but for their size.................

Whether you believe them or not is another thing, but fly anglers talk about 100 trout days. I've never heard anyone even claim such a thing about Carp.

Willi
By BigTimber
goddamn, whaddaya know. fucking trout getting in the way of carpin. outstanding!
By Smithhammer
Willi wrote:
Articulated Trico wrote:What pulls harder a rainbow or carp? Better yet what is harder to feed a fly when you can see them?
I think that a Carp's fight is over rated. They are big and bulky so they can pull, but for their size.................

Willi
I think it also depends on how far away deep water is. If it's nearby they'll tend to just hunker and bulldog. But I've had some impressive, multiple runs out of carp on skinny flats when the nearest deep water was far away.

As far as feeding a fly? Other than maybe some really technical spring creek situations, carp are harder, hands down. Assuming you're sight casting for them.

And while I think calling them "freshwater bonefish" is an exaggeration (at least in terms of runs), I've had more carp in one season take me into my backing than a lifetime of fishing for trout.
By Articulated Trico
Carp fight more like a redfish and rainbows fight like rainbows ;-)

Trout even tough spring creek HF ranch bows are very forgiving. You can keep hassling them with your laughable drifts and bullshit flies and they will eventually eat or bail. Carp will just hangout and give you the finger all day, maybe take a peek, then a taste, really do you a favor when they eat!

I heart them!
By Hogleg
Nice Willi, sorry 'bout all them trout, that sucks man.
By bullship
fuckin fuck fuck. i found a few grass carp cruising that I didn't even bother with last weekend, but i have a feeling I won't see a common for a couple months. I hope I'm wrong. Good work.
By TX.
Fuck trout.
[edit] Unless you're fishing for them, or hook them in the ass.
Real fish bend the rod.
Last edited by TX. on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ephemeral
Willi-

Nice carp man.

Well done,

eph

Hot Creek... Needs more cosplay...

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine