Here goes...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
canook

Here goes...

Post by canook » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:29 pm

It is time:

You won't see any pics of me with fish for one reason - In the last few years I've spent the bulk of my time on the water teaching my kids to be respectful anglers and stewards of nature. No excuse, just splainin'. Without further ado...

Late June hex hatch
hatch2.jpg
hatch2.jpg (52.8 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
French-Canadian tradition known as the tourtierre aka meat pie
tourtierre.jpg
tourtierre.jpg (51.01 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Will throw this recent creation at the local pike as soon as our Northern waters soften
pikefly.jpg
pikefly.jpg (72.69 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Sturgeon caught by my wife just before ice-up
sturgeon.jpg
sturgeon.jpg (85.25 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Lake Winnipeg Goldeye caught by my daughter
goldeye.jpg
goldeye.jpg (82.87 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
The other female in my life
molly.jpg
molly.jpg (112.49 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Pic of B.C. salmon in spawn pimpage taken last Fall while visiting my son
salmon.jpg
salmon.jpg (60.58 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Ginger
And finally, in a ham-fisted, cynical, transparent attempt to make you forgive my lack of self-portraiture and dead critters, I offer up yet another ginger. Please note the full-on, world-class camel toe.
ginger2.jpg
ginger2.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 2830 times

shunned

Re: Here goes...

Post by shunned » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:38 pm

50/50 but I'm in a good mood this lovely sunday morning. :coffee
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

speybait

Post by speybait » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Right approach, attitude, most of the necessities and you addressed your own failures.
Mr. Hand grades you a pass.
""Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 pm

shunned wrote:50/50 but I'm in a good mood this lovely sunday morning. :coffee

It's still saturday here so... fuck him.
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin

midstream

Post by midstream » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Fish pics great, dog, great, family focus, great, first Ginger, incredible! How do those nipples get so far up? Nearly puffies, perhaps puffies as a youth. Fantastic titties. I bet she has a happy butt! You are in!
If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains by a river, you are lucky enough.

Plow

Post by Plow » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Toe. Welcome.
Better Reds than dead...

SouthFork

Post by SouthFork » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

EDIT!!!

Just read Johnny's Post below. Looked back through a different set of eyes. While the Ginger was quality and the toe was nice, and the insect was super sweet. And thats what I was concentrating on through shine eyes.

HONKY TOSSIN is not.

This is a Fly Fishing board and you and your bobbers are out there catching trout? Screw that. A sturgeon, wow, 1lb of lead under a rod on the boat. Super Awesome.
Last edited by SouthFork on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That was one of the finest examples of spiritual guidance I've ever had the good fortune to witness.

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

The fush caught by the people he took fishing were not even caught fly fishing. All we know about him is be is a gear chucked who loves his family. While touching I feel like it might not be grounds for him to join here or for us to let him in.

Seems like a nice enough guy.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

SouthFork

Post by SouthFork » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:The fush caught by the people he took fishing were not even caught fly fishing. All we know about him is be is a gear chucked who loves his family. While touching I feel like it might not be grounds for him to join here or for us to let him in.

Seems like a nice enough guy.
I know, he seems like a nice enough guys but you know the drill. You let one in and really how do we know the guy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Buildin' model airplanes!" says the little guy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times.

We can't let this happen. We need him to leave. And soon.

And I have to get another drink.
That was one of the finest examples of spiritual guidance I've ever had the good fortune to witness.

Crick Addict

Post by Crick Addict » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

If you take away the ginger...what do you have left?
"fuck hippie beer!" Kyle

canook

Post by canook » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:06 pm

With a boatful of kids (and wife), throwing a fly is sometimes out of the question. I am foremost a fly chucker, but not exclusively so. The sturgeon was, in fact, landed by my wife on light spinning gear w/ 6lb. mono. I hope to meet it again some day on the end of my fly line, but on that day it wasn't to be.

Crick Addict

Post by Crick Addict » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:10 pm

canook wrote:With a boatful of kids (and wife), throwing a fly is sometimes out of the question. I am foremost a fly chucker, but not exclusively so. The sturgeon was, in fact, landed by my wife on light spinning gear w/ 6lb. mono. I hope to meet it again some day on the end of my fly line, but on that day it wasn't to be.

Oh lordy.... nevermind.
"fuck hippie beer!" Kyle