Permit-1.. Mad_Mike-0.... (TR)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
LTD

Re: Permit-1.. Mad_Mike-0.... (TR)

Post by LTD » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Mike,
Sorry we didn't catch up! Sounds like you guys had a great time. We will get on the water one of these days......next go!

Don
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

thalweg

Post by thalweg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Pretty ballsy making that run in a skiff that small. That crossing is no joke.
Sweet report. :cool
P.s.- jerms I saw your KW kayak bonefish slaughter but didn't have time to comment. Very impressive! You are a fishy dude and I am glad you made it out of NZ safe. :cool
"only two things smell like fish... and one of them is fish." -grandpa

"Please take a brief moment to answer this question as the ferry approaches the shore.
Do you have the coin to pay for your passage, or the courage to take up the oar?" -the sword

"Dreams are free motherfucker!" -d boon

wrh

Post by wrh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Great report! You can't catch them sitting on the couch. Going down and paying your dues and learning is the best part of FF in my book. :cool

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks for all the love boys..... I'll be back down there soon enough.... One of those bastards is gonna have a bad day.... :cool
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

LTD

Post by LTD » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 am

Mad_Mike wrote:Thanks for all the love boys..... I'll be back down there soon enough.... One of those bastards is gonna have a bad day.... :cool
See you in June/July.......
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 am

Epic adventure for sure. Classic shit man :cool
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

Muddled Duck

Post by Muddled Duck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am

Permit should fear a man that can sit next to a tree and shoot turkeys with a bow. That man's going to figure out how to catch them. Great trip. Hoping to make at least one trip south this summer, but the wife's caveat of nice beach, nice hotel, nice restaurants and nice pool kind of cut the places where a poor and boatless DIY guy on foot can do much.
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”

Easy Skankin

Post by Easy Skankin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Excellent adventure Michael! Im gonna stay in NC this summer, so well have to get together soon. Great soundtrack and pics by the way :cool

Tell Giff i said thanks for the good backing knots in that bonefish line. Least somebody in the shop knows how to tie knots :Roll Eyes
"The funniest thing is that Ive only caught three permit on back casts" - Tailing Permit

www.evergladesflyfishingguides.com

Row vs. Wade

Post by Row vs. Wade » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Way to put in the work MM

jerms

Post by jerms » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:37 am

Easy Skankin wrote:Tell Giff i said thanks for the good backing knots in that bonefish line. Least somebody in the shop knows how to tie knots :Roll Eyes

"The FLY LINE!!!! GRAB THE FLYLINE!!!"

Those two old dudes had no idea what you were talking about. Classic...
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 am

Easy Skankin wrote:Excellent adventure Michael! Im gonna stay in NC this summer, so well have to get together soon. Great soundtrack and pics by the way :cool

Tell Giff i said thanks for the good backing knots in that bonefish line. Least somebody in the shop knows how to tie knots :Roll Eyes
your a funny man...... next time tie your own knots....

when are we gonna see you ole' boy??
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

Easy Skankin

Post by Easy Skankin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:32 am

Mad_Mike wrote:when are we gonna see you ole' boy??
Old friend, you will see me this summer, thats for sure. Hell, I might even give you a redfish haircut this year. By the way, Jesse is already looking forward to the Albie trip this fall, well be in touch sporty!!!!

Tight lines and Straight A's brother :cheer
"The funniest thing is that Ive only caught three permit on back casts" - Tailing Permit

www.evergladesflyfishingguides.com