Off The Clock -TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
DeadRatsClacker

Off The Clock -TR

Post by DeadRatsClacker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 pm

[report]Turn This Shit Loud

Ask the child bride, I have a serious jones that cant be left unfed. 3 weeks and the beast is ravenous.
Oh I'd spent time on the water, watching bobbers, teaching casting, untangling clusterfuks and at night working on a monster project which is either going tomake me or break me. Its been 18 months in the making, and I'm getting greyer and grouchier by the day.

Days off the water have been spent explaining the difference between pupa and nymphs, and why all those fish were "splashing". The best one was that the fish stopped eating buggers and were jumping all over the place and not eating. Its taken all my willpower not to suggest a switch to power bait. Yeh we get a hatch or two here, but the accepted notion is there's no dry fly here. Teh caddis is as good as I've fished anywhere.

So I get a day off grab some buds, and some pbrs sammishs sardines, up at 4 to clear off some work, tie some flies.
Some of the pics (the underwaters) were taken of my fish by a lurker mate, felloow guide and the type of you fella that mothers love.
The Kid also guided for Lawson out west, the fucker can fish, but he's a pussyhound of the WestChaester's class hence his nickname "Filthy', he's getting the pics down good, and hopefully he'll suck it up and add the goods. A few of you met him at the Bake with his lab
come fo the ride

early

boat race
Morning was slower on the nymphs until we found some water to ourselves, nymphing then soft hackles then I started on dries, but id left the cameras in the boat

Midway thru lunch I snuck off for a fish that has tried to eat the indicator early, he was still hungry

found myself rocking to this all afternoon
Now some of Filthy's underwater shorts

Thanks Filthy
move back downstream and it works too

I think this fish was the skinniest 18" 'bow I've ever found, fucker hit that caddis like a weight watchers on free pie

Just good to be on the water, though I fucked a nice 20+ brown.
One of the guys with us got a 25" brown (taped) on one of my softhackles the day before and one of filthy's sports got this fish te day before too.
fucking good times tho[/report]
Last edited by DeadRatsClacker on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stovetop wrote:If you tip a stripper with coupons then you will get thrown out of the strip club.
Mad_Mike wrote:I don't care if your boning nemo.... my comments still stand...

Ephemeral

Re: Off The Clock -TR

Post by Ephemeral » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:31 pm

DRC-

That's damned right.

eph
"Won't you tell me, brave captain why are the wicked, so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on." Tom Waits

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:06 am

Cool shit DRC !! They stop eating buggers ???

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:22 am

Jesus Christing shit!! I didn't know they got that big. That's, that's something...
I don't know where you live or fish but fucks sake, just wow.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

youghriverguide

Post by youghriverguide » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 am

Looks like a great day off. :cool

Crick Addict

Post by Crick Addict » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:26 am

The Arkie boys representing. :cool
Last edited by Crick Addict on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"fuck hippie beer!" Kyle

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:29 am

nince DRC, way to make the day off pay!
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Lurgee

Post by Lurgee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:42 am

Real nice. Those boats are awesome.
"Fried Chicken for President!" Trucha del Mar

"Sweet Jesus... untold hundreds of linear miles of pristine trout water within pissing distance, and you cocksuckers went fishing for carp?
What's next? A Wang Chung show? Ajax

speybait

Post by speybait » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am

Looks like a good time, DRC.
Nice tunes. Akron's finest.

Maybe it's the pic but that caddis looks big. 12?
""Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!"

blue ridge angler

Post by blue ridge angler » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 am

Top shelf report and tunes DRC..
Well done my friend.. :cool

"When you gotta pull a head off a body to be humane, then the plan was flawed." - befuddled

"FTG!" - Everyone

"Is this site related to the beautiful Magazine by the same name?" - Harold Ray

vaku

Post by vaku » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 am

i knew there were big fish in those rivers!

great TR!

pt
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

excellent.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."