This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By unskunkable
Today is my last day at the small shop I know so well. On monday I start my new life at a Orvis. I always thought I'd sell my soul for rock n' roll, turns out it's just for more Helios rods.

It's been great working at a small(ish) shop and I'll miss the variety but sometimes you just have to make decisions based on where you want to go and do in the future. it's only taken me some 30 odd years to figure that out but hey, I'm a slow learner. I was a little hesitant to post this here with some of the Orvis threads but figured fuck it, I'm happy with my decision.

Wish me luck...
By Bobwhite
Best of luck with it... which store are you going to be at.

I'll stop in if'n I can.
By unskunkable
Thanks Bob, I'll be at the Pasadena,CA store.
By spanky
Good luck man, you gotta do what you gotta do. Just remember at the end of the day, you have to look yourself in the mirror and know you did the right thing.

Hope it all works out for you.
Last edited by spanky on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BaggerMcGuirk
unskunkable wrote:Thanks Bob, I'll be at the Pasadena,CA store.
And I will have to have a power lunch in the area, show up liquored up, and drive all the customers away :bomb

Good luck to you bro.

You know you'll probably have less water time.. Jus saying.

And why aren't you fighting the crowds today?

I did it once over 20 years ago and swore I would never do it again and haven't.
By unskunkable
Woolybug25 wrote:Congrats dude. If I am ever around Pasadena, i'll stop in and buy some shark flies. :cool
If you're ever around here we ARE going fishing!
By vaku
Congrats to you! I'm not as anti orvis as some, but I won't be buying a troutbum fishing shirt, so I say have some fun, sell about 100 complete outfits a week to rich pasadena folks going fishing for the first time!

btw, I could use a discount for some dog beads and suv dog hammock things for the back seat, hook a brotha up! :cool

pt
By Woolybug25
unskunkable wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Congrats dude. If I am ever around Pasadena, i'll stop in and buy some shark flies. :cool
If you're ever around here we ARE going fishing!
You wont have to twist my arm, if I am around the area (I'll be there at some point), you'll be the first guy I call. :cool

congrats again!
By tailchaser
It sounds to me like Orvis does a lot good things for a lot of good folks. I really don't know much about the company, but I mainly only hear good things about them. The only negative things I hear are about them are some of the goofy products they make. But hey, you know what, they make a profit and in turn that provides folks a job, a job doing what they love to do.

Working for Orvis sounds a lot better than not working for a closed down shop.

Maybe these big companies aren't so bad after all.
By blumpkin
Dig dag dog my head hurts... Congratulations David,
Look forward to rollin into Pasadena
with Ling and the Mail Order Bride
in the blumpyota to check out your new digs
You are the manager, so make sure they have
a couple of two handers in stock... :cool
By SouthFork
Congrats. :cool

Send me some free swag and I will promote your shop....... :cheer
whatcha tying?

1650B2D9-E969-4148-8EDA-D4CDD21E4D19.jpeg E3D3D7[…]