This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
They are here, thick. It sounds eerie sometimes.... like a spaceship is hovering.

Haven't seen them on the water or the fish eating them yet.

I caught this with them droning in the background. Didn't take a "locust" ... took a wiggle minnow... The bass are off the beds on the farm ponds, but are still on them on the River...

When they arrive, these follow in short order;
killa.jpg
killa.jpg (12.98 KiB) Viewed 551 times
My yard has a low hillside that's full of their death-chamber burrows. Pre' neat to see them carrying a cicada, and shoving them down into the hole.

It's a frightingly huge wasp.
west_jay wrote:When they arrive, these follow in short order;
killa.jpg
My yard has a low hillside that's full of their death-chamber burrows. Pre' neat to see them carrying a cicada, and shoving them down into the hole.

It's a frightingly huge wasp.
Those things just destroyed my front yard with their burrows last year. I couldn't figure out what it was until one day I saw one dragging a cicada into its hole. And x2 on the frighteningly huge part... damn.
[report]Bump for reportage. The bugs are on my radar but it has been extremely difficult to get any intel out of those in the know. WNC/ET check in if you'ins got'em.
3c5edec653a69a89ec0e0566607839e55dca4ace_m.jpg
Come out come out where ever you are...
3c5edec653a69a89ec0e0566607839e55dca4ace_m.jpg (90.76 KiB) Viewed 716 times
[/report]
they are here too

y'all will forgive the grin, the youngest smacked on cicadas yesterday on the crick, ended up losing a brown in the 10lb class scored a bunch of bows like this
haven't shown up fully on the big river, but all up and down the ditch.

found a few at the house.
Don't worry if you don't see them on the water, smack that shit down close to the bank,

hold on
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

but that's the fun part about this place

So I got to tinkering the other day... and calcu[…]

I never got to see the punting video. youse guy[…]

unlimited dead sh*t for Kyner thread

pits are nasty, especially that one. "they'r[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine