This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By TX.
[report]I know some of you remember my newest to the tribe
grips 032lr.jpg
http://www.drakemag.com/phpBB3/index.php?optio ... t=Benjamin

Little Ben turned five months on Thursday...he wasn't feeling well. Wife took him to the doc, nothing out of line other than a low grade temp, they wrote it off as bronchial.

Wife went out of town this weekend to visit her mom to pick up gifts...Today took Ben to the local ER, they couldn't find anything wrong, white blood cell count was fine, low grade fever....Then, by the graces of (insert your religion or preferences here), my wife said to the doc: " I read somewhere that when a baby's soft spot on their head is swollen, it could be meningitis"... He responds "Then let's do a spinal tap".
It came back positive...
Well, Ben is now been shipped to the Roanoke Childrens' Hospital Neo-Natal ICU with level two spinal meningitis.
He will be there at least ten days on a drip. But hopefully with enough mojo from the Drake brethren, he will emerge from this without any brain damage or motor skill loss.( I'd much rather that happen to him by choice).
Godspeed to my little man.[/report]
Last edited by TX. on Thu May 22, 2014 12:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
By tailchaser
Prayers coming your way, brother.
By berzerker
tailchaser wrote:Prayers coming your way, brother.
x2... get well quick lil TX
By jdub
TX. wrote:[report]my wife said to the doc: " I read somewhere that when a baby's soft spot on their head is swollen, it could be meningitis"... He responds "Then let's do a spinal tap".
It came back positive...
n.[/report]
You married a smart woman. Sounds you and the doc caught it early, hopefully the little guy will be just fine.
By Truchero
berzerker wrote:
tailchaser wrote:Prayers coming your way, brother.
x2... get well quick lil TX
x3. Sorry to hear about this Tx. I hope your son rallies and gets to doing better soon.

I'm also hoping the rest of the family were summarily screened and found well.
By SLSS
With you, your wife and son.
By mrl0004
Prayers for your son and your family. Hope everything goes well...

Earth has exceeded its load limit. Let the dumb d[…]

your wife does Yes... She told me about your […]

Luau 2020

Wish I could, but nay, I cannae. Hopefully next y[…]

All Time Great Signs

"IT'S ALL PIPES!!"

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine