Bring her or leave her home?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Rich Farino

Bring her or leave her home?

Post by Rich Farino » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Everyone wants that ideal fisherwoman in their lives - the chick who can outfish your best friend, the girl who looks good with a buff around her ass and tits, the one who can spey cast across a Canuck river while applying lipstick... whatever. Some of you already have that (think our resident flyfishingphotojournalist, hot-blondie Vokey, and any other Page 6 Chick).

Girlfriend has fished a few times on a local tailwater, talks about how she out-fished her ex (uh huh...). I'd like to get her out fishing a bit when it warms up, definitely on a bonefishing destination or a trout trip out west later this year...

Question - we already share a lot in common: both hockey fans (I miss the Rangers back home, she's a Caps season ticket holder), foodies, hiking, etc.

Do you try to incorporate your significant other into your fishing or do you keep your art/sport/passion separate so you have some way to get away from your daily grind?

R

For your troubles...

March Brown

Yellow Drake

Ginger Quill

root wad

Re: Bring her or leave her home?

Post by root wad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:29 pm

FIVE RULES FOR MEN TO FOLLOW TO A HAPPY LIFE:

Just remember these few things

1. It's important to have a woman who helps at home,
cooks from time to time, cleans up, and has a job.

2. It's important to have a woman who can make you
laugh.

3. It's important to have a woman who you can trust,
and doesn't lie to you.

4. It's important to have a woman who is good in bed,
and likes to be with you.

5. It's very, very important that these four women
do not know each other.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I'll never forget this situation:

I was walking up the boat ramp going to my truck. I passed a minivan that had just pulled up no more than 5 minutes before. there were two hellyian boys running around like chickens with their heads cut-off, a rather large woman trying to squeeze into her even larger orvis waders while yelling at said boys, and her husband rigging up himself with a look on his face that said "KILL ME NOW". Poor fucker. All he wanted to do was catch a few stockers on his five weight. Instead he has to lug that "shit" to the river with him. That shit you need to leave at home. April Vokey, you need to take with you.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm

IMHO, there is no one size fits all solution here. Each chick is different. She may seem gung-ho right now in your relationship and up to the task of a true fishing holiday; or, she may have an idea that 10 days out west fishing is really a few casual afternoons and "we'll do other stuff too". Only you know that as time goes by.
My wife has put up with quite a bit of fishing related matters in our time together, and being a guide, she puts up with my griping when I get home about folks who can't cast,etc. My mrs. does not pretend to like to fish alot however, while your g/f sounds like she is into it. When we go on a roadtrip in NZ, she may fish a bit, I always hope to fish a bit more, but schedules and ideas can clash (as in I'm stuck in a city on the nice day when I should be fishing, and she's shopping,etc.).
I guess my only advice is be prepared to compromise going into it, and if she starts to show hesitancy about said fishing trip, give some time on the trip for her to do things that interest her otherwise; but make it clear you didn't go out west to shop and watch hockey in the hotel...

...I'm taking my mrs. to the USVI in July during the offseason; I get to roam some flats, she gets to sit and read a book: win-win. Good luck man... :cool
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

WanderingBlues

Post by WanderingBlues » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

No, no, and more no! A few years ago I got my wife involved in my mountain biking passion and she took to it. One day she walks by my bike in the garage and says to me " and where did you get the money for that new XTR crankset on your bike ($700.00)" She figured out my locker room fund. Never again....
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm

BigTimber wrote:I'll never forget this situation:

I was walking up the boat ramp going to my truck. I passed a minivan that had just pulled up no more than 5 minutes before. there were two hellyian boys running around like chickens with their heads cut-off, a rather large woman trying to squeeze into her even larger orvis waders while yelling at said boys, and her husband rigging up himself with a look on his face that said "KILL ME NOW". Poor fucker. All he wanted to do was catch a few stockers on his five weight. Instead he has to lug that "shit" to the river with him. That shit you need to leave at home. April Vokey, you need to take with you.
Sounds like fishing with randy.
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 pm

I see no problem with this one and actually have a good story about it.

Bout 6 years ago my girlfriend at the time was not very outdoorsy so I convinced her to do a float with me. She was one of the freaky ones who could never get enough, miss those ones. This river gets no boat traffic at all. So we were floating down the river and decide to anchor up. We started getting down to and I had her bent over the side of the outcast....next thing I hear an outboard coming rippin around the corner ( would have been cooler if I had continued with the act) out of panic I almost launch her into the river head over bare ass yelling coast guard as an orange zodiac ripped down river towards us. As the boat comes by I see its the swift water rescue team with the biggest grins you could imagine on their faces apparently that was their training day.

As for the girl if you can share a common interest and still have her understand you also need your fishing time alone or with your boys then your good.

who knows you might eve have your own swift water rescue team story :cool
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

Rich Farino

Post by Rich Farino » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Spicytuna wrote:who knows you might eve have your own swift water rescue team story
I do but it involves an inflatable kayak, a sex-starved girl from Puerto Rico, and a big-ass cowboy hat in the middle of the Delaware River. Word to the wise - sounds echo across slow pools with big sound-reflecting walls.

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Rich Farino wrote:
Spicytuna wrote:who knows you might eve have your own swift water rescue team story
I do but it involves an inflatable kayak, a sex-starved girl from Puerto Rico, and a big-ass cowboy hat in the middle of the Delaware River. Word to the wise - sounds echo across slow pools with big sound-reflecting walls.
:needs_pics
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

shunned

Post by shunned » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:No, no, and more no!
yes.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

LTD

Post by LTD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 pm

My two cents....My ex wife liked to fish. I enjoyed almost every minute I ever fished with her when I wasn't behind the oars or teaching her how to fish. In other words....fishing with someone else in the boat that could row and instruct. My own selfishness was the reason we fought, I simply expected and wanted her to catch fish too much. The teaching part almost ended our marriage years before the end finally came.

1. Let someone else teach/coach her if possible.
2. If you start to argue while fishing, it's best to just STFU.
3. There's nothing better than watching your better half catch fish.
4. Do not let her get into or use your tying materials.
5 Give her her own fly boxes. Chicks dig their own box. (ha...)
6. Never complain about the cost of the rod she wants to put in her hand, you might lose yours.

The woman can fish though.........pretty damn good.
Last edited by LTD on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

tailingpermit

Post by tailingpermit » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

LTD wrote:My ex wife liked to fish.
That answers that.

Are you really asking the suk for dating advice, grow a
fucking sack and figure it out yourself.