This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Ephemeral
Right on, I will make sure BD gets the word.
By Kyner
A breakfast without tortillas isn't really breakfast at all, now is it? I might have been tempted to take one of those devilish snakes home and make some fish tacos........
By Woolybug25
This report makes me very encouraged. I am going to enjoy the pikeage at the bake. :cool
By brown dog
Hogleg wrote:I'm throwing my name in the hat for a spot on a pike boat during the bake if it works out. I've some rare marbles to trade.

Sweeet, I need marbles, trade accepted
By Hogleg
Sweet. I've some 3/4" carbide spikes on my wading boots, hope that won't be a problem.
By Ephemeral
Kyner wrote:A breakfast without tortillas isn't really breakfast at all, now is it? I might have been tempted to take one of those devilish snakes home and make some fish tacos........
That's damned right.

And I thought about it...I did actually. That lake is crawling with them, and I believe, starting to affect the balance of things. There were a few skins in the dumpster of snakes, so folks are definitely taking them...I just don't know how fish of that size would taste. Any folks who have insight, please share your experience. I don't want to kill anything that I am not going to eat and if this thing is going to taste like a merganser, I am not interested.

That being said...I do love me some fish tacos.
By stratabass
E-
I'm jealous! Surprised to see that many people below the dam. Thanks for the pics.
By Willi
[quote="Pancho Rancho"]Do you do them like Kings? Mackeral balls.[/quote]

Never tried that.

I always used to fillet them. They have Y bones that run along the length on the fillets that have to be cut out with a couple extra cuts. This is how I used to do it (not as well as this guy though)

I wonder what he attracts by throwing the head and guts into the bush?

Not sure how well I could do it very well anymore (it's been a while). I always thought they ate about as good as a Walleye. Anything under 3 pounds didn't work very well.

Willi
By Ephemeral
Thanks Willi!

That was helpful. I have had smaller ones, but not the big ones. I will consider taking one if we get a decent fish tomorrow.
The return of Stolen Hours

Almost caught up with the backward time travel... […]

whatcha tying?

I’m working on a little gift for the lady...[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine