This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By SouthFork
[report]Day 1:

12-20 Degrees, and a Stiff Wind. Put on a couple extra layers and headed out.

It was pretty much BS right off.

Found Some Warmth.

Found Some Decent Fish Also.

Froze my Ass off and Decided to Call it a Day, Deicing Guides after every 3 casts and fighting the headwind wasn't much Fun.
Decided to Drink More and carefully follow the signs directions.

Didn't see him/her. Saw a cool tree though.

Day 2:

Hit the river and the temps were already 39 Degrees with heavy Cloud Cover. Didn't take long to start seeing fish up. And they were up. Heads everywhere. Lots in super shallow water. Backs were almost exposed. It got Good.

Pulled out these.

Didn't touch anything but dries the rest of the day.

Lots of these:

Some Color

By 3pm it got sunny and close to 50. Heads disappeared so it was either nymph or end a good day of Dry Fly Fishing in February.
Decided to end it, and enjoy the sunshine.

Image[/report]
By RFA
If tails were cocks, that last fish would be John Holmes. That thing looks like a fucking leer jet. :cool

Airflo Ridgeline?
By K_P
Cool.

Can you imagine how you would have slayed 'em if you were dredging bobbers and beads?

[/ducking]
By Eider
Wow. Amen.

You are a good man. I wish I could fish during the winter in this frozen hellhole like you can on certain streams in other states, but I can't. The season is closed on all inland trout streams. I can fish only through the ice for trash fish until trout opens in LATE APRIL! What the hell?
By Kyner
Ya that looks good
By SouthFork
RFA wrote:If tails were cocks, that last fish would be John Holmes. That thing looks like a fucking leer jet. :cool

Airflo Ridgeline?
Yeah its a Ridge. Overlined my 5wt XP for Bobber Fishing, but its perfect on the 6wt GLX. I really like there lines.
By ScottP
Dries in Feb; nicely done, sir. Last time I was up in Oct. I couldn't find any heads, everything on softhackles.
By Dr.Spaceman
Dude, I would suffer through that shit and then some for fooshes like those. I'll gladly drink to that.
By WanderingBlues
Very nice pay off. Been a strange damn winter.
By Woolybug25
SouthFork wrote:
RFA wrote:If tails were cocks, that last fish would be John Holmes. That thing looks like a fucking leer jet. :cool

Airflo Ridgeline?
Yeah its a Ridge. Overlined my 5wt XP for Bobber Fishing, but its perfect on the 6wt GLX. I really like there lines.
You and RFA are the only people I know that like their trout lines. How is that line I sent you working RFA?

I see you attended the "9_er School of Knots"?

Cool reportage, Dude. :cool
whatcha tying?

EAFBF7A3-214E-43B7-B0FF-17DC654C1410.jpeg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine