Simms Going Direct

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
BigCliff

Simms Going Direct

Post by BigCliff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

http://www.anglingtrade.com/2012/02/16/ ... questions/

KC Walsh-
...But we’re only selling full MSRP, with taxes, and we’re charging a shipping and handling fee. Consumers will have to pay a premium to buy direct from Simms. And when they shop online, they will have three options: Buy direct, but from the nearest fly shop, or buy through one of our 12 affiliate shops.

I don’t see this as a move to compete with fly shops, rather a way to fill in a void that is not being filled. We’re also investing significant dollars in the website and web support, in a way that ultimately strengthens the brand, and I believe will ultimately benefit our dealers.
To me it sounds like they're gonna piss off their dealers more than they're going to benefit from selling direct to consumer.

And I give this like 6mo-
(Note: While Simms is moving to a newer, larger facility with a showroom, the company affirmed it will not sell retail from the new location)
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

steelhyde

Re: Simms Going Direct

Post by steelhyde » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 pm

First the flip-flop on felt.

Then they go into CostCo.

Now they sell direct.

Keep it classy, KC.

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

How about if they pull their arse out of their heads and go apologize to muck boots?
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

Nemeth

Post by Nemeth » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Yard Sale wrote:How about if they pull their arse out of their heads and go apologize to muck boots?
Muck boots are outstanding BTW.....stupid simms.
"They'd tow their canoe up to the top of the island and the more it wobbled, the better endowed their firstborn son would be... Old river people tradition." - D-Nymph

jessnuts

Post by jessnuts » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:03 pm

you gotta feed the monkey!
The River is Why.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm

It's no surprise, the BASS crowd is going to be paying Simms' bills from now on. They are going to make dealers stop selling on ebay and amazon, which is awesome. Anybody who buys NEW products from ebay or amazon deserves a double-hauled 12wt. to the yambag.

Sage is next, gauranteed.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

steelhyde

Post by steelhyde » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 pm

Spudnik wrote: Sage is next, gauranteed.
x2

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

What's Next?
next.jpg
next.jpg (47.84 KiB) Viewed 2806 times
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Hah. Wooly beat me to it.

I will be looking for the new Simms 5 wt as well. I'm sure it will really lay it down.

Bear River Boomer

Post by Bear River Boomer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Spudnik wrote:It's no surprise, the BASS crowd is going to be paying Simms' bills from now on....
X2. Fly fisherman are a #28 micro midge compared to the Bass fishing crowd. Seems they are investing their profits instead of trying to save the world with 1%. It will be interesting to see what kind of lawsuits come out of the local fly shop community.

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Another example of a big company screwing the people who have kept them in business for years. I think this might blow up in their faces.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

WanderingBlues

Post by WanderingBlues » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm

About damn time! Can't wait to go to my local Wal-Mart and buy my Simms and Sage. Maybe while I'm standing in the checkout, I can convince the fat chick in stretch pants that C&R is the way to go.......

If they were going to do this, they should have created a sub-premium line for the market rather than sacrificing the equity they have built amongst serious enthusiasts.
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.