This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By RFA
Just corresponded with him via PM....bought 2. One for me, one for the brother. Thanks for introducing me to this guy - great machinist/artist.
By fallen513
MossyOak wrote:http://atwoodknives.blogspot.com/search ... lts=50&m=1

These are however art in every sense of the word.

Don't get me wrong, I think even the most basic ones he does are worthy of the title "art". No bullshit I am prepared to buy one, thanks to this thread alone. I'd never even heard of him or them...and now I'm willin' to drop $100 on $3 worth of metal + labor...just because it's art. That, and I could sell it for more fly gear when the time's right. The gallery on his site is cool, a lot of good ideas on there. I design metal components for a living... maybe he'd make me something out of Inconel?
By MossyOak
fallen513 wrote:
MossyOak wrote:http://atwoodknives.blogspot.com/search ... lts=50&m=1

These are however art in every sense of the word.

Don't get me wrong, I think even the most basic ones he does are worthy of the title "art". No bullshit I am prepared to buy one, thanks to this thread alone. I'd never even heard of him or them...and now I'm willin' to drop $100 on $3 worth of metal + labor...just because it's art. That, and I could sell it for more fly gear when the time's right. The gallery on his site is cool, a lot of good ideas on there. I design metal components for a living... maybe he'd make me something out of Inconel?
I wouldnt be suprised, hes a super nice guy and and very down to earth thats suprising because of his status in the custom knife/tool scene.

They are as solid as investment as a rolex, I bought mine for $65 last year, beat the shit out of it, and sold it in three minutes for $85.
By RFA
I was really into collecting/turning over/trading knives when I was in my early 20's. There are tons of dudes putting out great knives, but very few who break barriers, do something new, AND have skill/quality of workmanship. This dude fits the bill....that's why I jumped on getting 2. The fucking guy sells out of every run almost immediately, yet hasn't sold out to a big company trying to get rich....and didn't hit on one design and try to ride it out. He's constantly coming up with new shit, and has said he's not producing many of his old ones.

I spent a good hour on his website, and the shit is top notch. He could get by on his knives alone, but they are a sidebar. I see why he has such a following. He responded to my email within an hour, and was cordial and helpful. I honestly didn't hear of the guy before this board, but I found myself searching for shit I would love to buy in the future.... I am psyched to give one of them to my brother, who is also a knife/gadget guy.
By MossyOak
RFA wrote:I was really into collecting/turning over/trading knives when I was in my early 20's. There are tons of dudes putting out great knives, but very few who break barriers, do something new, AND have skill/quality of workmanship. This dude fits the bill....that's why I jumped on getting 2. The fucking guy sells out of every run almost immediately, yet hasn't sold out to a big company trying to get rich....and didn't hit on one design and try to ride it out. He's constantly coming up with new shit, and has said he's not producing many of his old ones.

I spent a good hour on his website, and the shit is top notch. He could get by on his knives alone, but they are a sidebar. I see why he has such a following. He responded to my email within an hour, and was cordial and helpful. I honestly didn't hear of the guy before this board, but I found myself searching for shit I would love to buy in the future.... I am psyched to give one of them to my brother, who is also a knife/gadget guy.
edcforums classifieds area is a goldmine for atwoods
By Redchaser
Smithhammer wrote:Image

Nice stuff. What are the top 2, I can't read the blade stamp, and what are the things in the side of the sheath?
By Nemeth
Redchaser wrote:
Smithhammer wrote:Image

Nice stuff. What are the top 2, I can't read the blade stamp, and what are the things in the side of the sheath?

Bark River Knives, real nice blade. Is that the Canadian Special Smitty?

Either way, fine choice in blade, damn fine.
By Smithhammer
Redchaser wrote:
They are all Bark River Knife and Tool, handmade in Escanaba, MI. The top two are a "Woodland Special" and a "Mike Stewart Custom Hunter," both with micarta scales & red liners.

The bottom two are a "Canadian Special" and a "Little Caper" with impala horn scales and red liners.

The first pic also shows a couple firesteels with the sheaths.
Nemeth wrote:
Either way, fine choice in blade, damn fine.
Thanks! I have a bad BRKT addiction...
By troutsmack
Smithhammer wins everything
cool knives
By RFA
Look what just showed up in the mailbox. Wrunt with a raw bar finish. 2 of them, actually.

[report]
IMG_3697.JPG
IMG_3697.JPG (75.44 KiB) Viewed 888 times
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG (89.6 KiB) Viewed 888 times
IMG_3702.JPG
IMG_3702.JPG (67.12 KiB) Viewed 879 times
[/report]

I didn't realize how difficult these things were to aquire until I watched some youtube videos on him. These things sell out in minutes, and people check his blog every hour to see when he's going to post a run, and still miss it. I just happened to email him right as he was posting the link to these, and got in before anyone else.....total luck.

Fucking priceless look on my wife's face when she saw what I spent $118 on ($55 each and $8 for shipping). "THEY were $55 each!!!!!"
By NeedmoreDEET
RFA wrote:Look what just showed up in the mailbox. Wrunt with a raw bar finish. 2 of them, actually.

[report]
IMG_3697.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3702.JPG
[/report]

I didn't realize how difficult these things were to aquire until I watched some youtube videos on him. These things sell out in minutes, and people check his blog every hour to see when he's going to post a run, and still miss it. I just happened to email him right as he was posting the link to these, and got in before anyone else.....total luck.
Lucky you. I lucked into one of his titanium microtools with the interior hex cuts (can't recall the model), and it actually worked pretty well on an emergency bolt issue on my bike.

Since we have all sorts of crazies on here...does anyone know of any knifemaker out there that does a spike dagger? I'm looking for something with a nice handle (G10/micarta?) with a spike tool steel blade that is triangle in cross-section, but not quite an ice pick.

Hope everyone is looking forward to IG Horowitz re[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled Denson Autumn Ordie https://live.sta[…]

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine