This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Donk
this is my old timer from when i was 16. wanted the same model as your after, but could not get one so ground off the gut hook. from 18 to 22 I shot semi pro with a mate. that knife has skinned thousands of rabbits for meat. and still looks the same today.
just got it out of the cupboard after 18 years of storage and it still shaves the hairs off my arm

By LuckyBastard
I'm getting flashbacks. Fuck I wish I could find mine.

Started looking for one, then caught myself on CRKT and Benchmade and Kershaw and Grohmann and Zero Tolerance websites.

Tsk Tsk Timmy, save for the wedding!!
By befuddled
the one fatman linked to is in pretty rough shape, but there is another one in what they call "near mint with box". They are trying to get a hundred bucks for it.

If these things are slipped out of circulation enough that there is only two on fleabay, then it might be worth that one day with the box and everything, but I don't want one to collect.

Hell, I guess for 110 somebody could pick up both and have one that sits in it's box and one that goes camping with you...
By brownsville
Excuse the shitty photos, but we worked late setting up our stand, and were too busy while the show was on to get some decent ones.

By fatman
Brownsville, where in yurp are you? I was led to believe that bowhunting was all but illegal throughout the EC. not true?
By brownsville
Bows are about the only thing that's legal to have without a licence here in Blighty. Hunting is still pretty much owned by the gentry though.

It's still on the statute books that you can shoot a Welshman within the grounds of Hereford cathedral, with a longbow, should you feel like doing so.

Doubt you'ld get away with it mind.
By fatman
I laughed :wink
By Cary
Because of you guys I had to order a Tops Cochise. Came yesterday, what a beast. I will prolly hurt myself with this thing.
By LuckyBastard
Cary wrote:Because of you guys I had to order a Tops Cochise. Came yesterday, what a beast. I will prolly hurt myself with this thing.
You made a good choice there mate. Donk put me onto them, so far I've battoned with it, carved with it, gutted troots with it and skinned and gutted Roos with it. Oh and cut myself out of the shit (blackberries) with it. It's a serious tool that will outlive me.
By Donk
you wont be disapointed. i thought the protective coating would come off the first time i used it, but it is still as good as the day I bought it.
By MossyOak
Donk wrote:you wont be disapointed. i thought the protective coating would come off the first time i used it, but it is still as good as the day I bought it.
That stuff is basically spray in bed liner. A lot of my knives have it to keep their 1095 blades from rusting up. I grind a small flat in the spine for a flint striker.
By Glista
I’ve been looking at this post for a long time and finally decided to post some of my shit. Some of it is shit but I have a few nice one too. Some of you guys have some cool knives, very envious.

This is probably the first knife I ever owned. It’s a lump of shit. But I got it from my grandfather when I was a kid and thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. It’s beat, but the only thing busted on it is the corkscrew (I probably busted it as a kid trying to screw something or other)

I’ve been into these Swiss Army type knives ever since.

Got this little Gerber in Yellowstone about 25 years ago. Gerber still makes this style. Very basic lock blade.
Another one I have had for years. It’s an old Jap made Sharp. Another cheepo, but it is very sturdy and the blade holds an edge well.

This one is a Cutco Bullwhip. Cutco is very well known for its kitchen knives, and this one is my camp kitchen knife. It also holds a good edge and is very thin and sharp.

This one is another small Gerber with a thumb peg. The action is a bit stiff and it is small so it is hard to open with one hand. But the thumb peg is nice to rest your finger on for cutting and it is a very sturdy knife with a good blade.

This is my Benchmade Axis. It is probably my best knife. Not an assisted knife but the action is extremely smooth, very easy and fast to open singlehandedly with the thumb peg. It is very thin and has a nicely finished, very sharp blade.

This one is my SOG Twitch II. Not much to say about this that hasn’t already been said. Great knife and probably the one I carry most often.

This one is a Smith and Wesson stiletto. It is automatic on the way out, manual on the way back in. not sure about the legality of this puppy in my area so I don’t take it out to often.

This one is a chines made Kershaw Volt II I recently picked up. This one is assisted and it comes out fast with a lot of authority. Very sturdy knife with a nice blade. It came very sharp and a good cutter right out of the box.

Interesting story with this one. I originally wanted a USA made Kershaw (Some are still made in the states, some in China). I went into a store that had them and 90% of the boxes said “Made in the USA” on them. I started looking at the knives and stopped paying attention to the boxes. This one is the one I decided I liked the best. When I got it out to the car, I noticed it was made in China. Dumass! I still like the knife though, and would recommend it to anyone.

And let’s not forget my tactical light. It’s a GSX. Waterproof, 235 lumens, a strobe mode for disorienting your enemies and red, green and blue modes for whatever you would use that shit for.

This AMP 1L is not really a tactical light but it is cool. About 45 lumens and the back end has………
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Grey Corrib Muddler https://live.staticflick[…]

tits or GTFO :coffee

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Well then, I’ll play along

Finally getting some rain river mouths are open […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine