stolen hours - TR(s)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
woolly bugger

Re: stolen hours - TR(s)

Post by woolly bugger » Wed May 10, 2017 9:35 am

[report]

2017 – 42

No work today, so I headed off to a local stream that isn’t affected by all the rain we’ve receive in the last month. It was cloudy and showers were in the forecast for the morning with temps in the low to mid 50s. I hit the road and listened to chapter III of S-town podcast. Everything was green, greener than ever. The full canopy of the forest blocked what little light there was and tinted it green. The battery in the TG-1 had drained, I must have left the GPS on. So, I resorted to the iPhone to capture the day. Enjoy!

Nymphed most of the day, but when I got up to some of the longer pools I noticed a riser, when I saw another I clipped of the Tellico and tied on the smallest sulfur I had in the box. This is the first time I’ve witnessed a hatch on this river with steady risers. Gave me a chubby! It was on for the next half hour!

EFTing grand day! d:b

[/report]
ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 am

[report]

2017 – 43

Went back in to see if I could get a repeat on the dry fly action. Had to finish up a project in the morning so I arrived late, two dude had gotten there before me. I figured that they started low so I hightailed it up to the end of the trail. Soon discovered foot prints and I realized I made the wrong choice. I continued on taking pictures and enjoyed a hike on the stream. Caught a few punes, but fishing this creek behind someone is pure folly. Spied them coming back downstream, sat on a log and took a break, dude walked right pass me, almost called out but didn’t want to give him a heart attack. Second dude came down on my side and we talked for a bit. I asked how far they had gone, thinking I might still have a chance at some undisturbed water, but I was getting late, so I headed back. Around 4 there were squadrons of giant stoneflies moving upstream and up into the tall trees. After a while I stopped at the pools where the bugs had come off the other day. Nothing. Waited for another half hour, still nothing. Awe crap. No little yellow bugs today. Yesterday cloudy and in the 50s, today mostly sunny and upper 70s.

Highholer #1

DSFK

[/report]
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 am

[report]

2017 -44

It didn’t look like the forecast of 73 and sunny as we suffered through a cool and drizzly morning without seeing any carp or hearing many of the brood vi cicada. But gradually the skies cleared and the volume of the chirping reached 72 db. As the day wore on the action heated up and more and more carp were spotted.

Waiting for a ride with the essentials

Brood VI

36 lbs.

30 lbs

My fortune from dinner on the way home.

[/report]
me "There's a season???"