stolen hours - TR(s)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
woolly bugger

stolen hours - TR(s)

Post by woolly bugger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

[report]In order to get a pass to the AR bake, I thought that I needed to put a new floor in the dining room. Well why not do the kitchen at the same time, she asked. Well, I thought I was done, but NO! Now I've got to paint!Fuk,and when I get back from the bake, its new counter tops and on and on and on...

In the mean time, a few stolen hours away from work never hurt....

After fooling around on the DH water, I needed to get back to reality, even if they might be small, the wild natural beauty of the Smith River browns were calling. I’ve enjoyed having my dog along on the last couple of trips so we headed on up to the old special regs section where she could run in the field. McLurker decided to skip class and meet me on the river. We were a bit surprised at the volume of water, wading on those ledges was tough and the fishing wasn’t easy either. We threw streamers for an hour without any result to speak of. There were lots of midges and a steady flotilla of BWOs, but I didn’t see any risers. We scoped out some prime spots and then decided to head on down river to try our luck there. But first a parking lot brewski!

March Madness! Go Heels! -0-

On the lower reach the river is bigger and can handle the lager flow better. I stayed with the streamers for a while and then switched methods a bit. The first fish ate the bugger on the swing, it was a small wild brown, next came a bigger brown that was part of the transplant stocking study.

My leader was on its last legs and I broke off my last black bugger so I headed back up to the car to check for supplies. McLurker came along and showed me a stone he had snagged downstream. I matched the hatch and caught a few more, much to the disgust of McLurker.

I had to leave at a quarter past two, and left the river and fish for McLurker .[/report]
Last edited by woolly bugger on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Transylwader

Re: stolen hours - TR

Post by Transylwader » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 am

McSkunkin's excuse? He's redefining the college system, I wished him well and stopped replying. You should listen to the wife instead, trust me, what you tell your wife and promise your mates? Pick your war. Id personally rather piss off the wife than fuck my mates over...Jis sayin'

And yes, I have been married for 7 (shes really flexible). I think I turn 13 in May! You are all invited except for Vaku. I hate splinters....fuck!
knock up a shop owners daughter. drake dudes will send money.

WanderingBlues

Post by WanderingBlues » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:09 am

After 23 years, I no longer get the 3rd degree when it comes to fishing. Keep the pressure up & she'll come around.... And nice pics as usual.
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 am

WanderingBlues wrote:After 23 years, I no longer get the 3rd degree when it comes to fishing. Keep the pressure up & she'll come around.... And nice pics as usual.

It's taken almost that long for me to put the floor down...

jis say'in
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Numballz

Post by Numballz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 am

Great photo filled trip report. Love the sessions black and the fishy friends you found. Good luck on the home improvement projects. I have a list growing day by day with no fish to show for my efforts.
[quote="ak_powder_monkey"]gtfo I'm the only one who can write butthurt retarted rants here god damnit[/quote] Well, he said it.

Aguirre

Post by Aguirre » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 am

Awesome. Love that stone fly shot.
"I've been blessed with many things in this life. An arm like a damn rocket, a cock like a Burmese Python and the mind of a fuckin scientist."
-Kenny Fuckin Powers

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:16 am

"Ya ever fish with stone flies?"..." hard rascals to catch aren't they?"
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Man I gotta get something better than a point and click...
Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 pm

[report]

had some free time this morning, headed on up to the river. expected some good weather, the wind was gusting 20 to 30 easy, no mending upstream, after an hour I got out and searched for gloves, put on the winter jacket and fleece hat. struggled for a while, finally moved on downstream. stonefly, deep, very deep. satisfaction.

felt like I needed a new leader, tied these up the other day

I might try the foam dome stone

or some of these

i really didn't expect this

what a brute

to bad he has to live here

fill-up on the way home, VA gas is .20 cheaper

a little lunch for perspective[/report]
me "There's a season???"

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 pm

What a beautiful fish!

Glista

Post by Glista » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Looks like another great trip brother!

_9er

Post by _9er » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Nice fish Wooly, and great pics as always!
$75 spent on gas is a paltry price to pay for clearing the mechanism, although that amount of cash in Flint will buy 35 blowjobs and a carwash.
-Ajax-

Only one guy around here that does not blatantly have to post tits and that's Pastor Ben.
-get er done-