This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Thank you.
Don't know how I missed this so long, Rick.

Dang... just a few months and I'll have to start dealing with the beard-thing again!

That sure was a fun time.

A treasure...
Larry S Hittem wrote:
Junglecock wrote:A thread so good it has me dreaming of Alaska…. in Alaska

It's like that feeling you get, way down in the cockles of your heart.
I can't begin to express the envy I have for you guys that live or work there seasonally. Different, better choices years ago, and I'd have been there too. But hindsight is 20/20- and I still have time to get a few visits in. Hope you guys have a great season.

I'll ad a little more to this thread before summer, and more again in the fall.
I remember scrolling through this before I left to work at the lodge last year. This was the first time I've looked at it since I came back, and it's hard to explain how awesome the place really is.

This guy definitely shows it though.
[report]Life's been a handful this winter, and I'm not as far along as I wanted to be with the work I am doing. But this week is important- the open comment period for the EPA's final assessment of the Pebble Mine Development closes this Friday. Don't sit on your hands- follow the link below and sign in support of protecting Bristol Bay.
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay1_s.jpg
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay1_s.jpg (74.44 KiB) Viewed 803 times
Bristol Bay, Alaska, is home to the most productive salmon fishery on earth. Nearly 40 million sockeye salmon return to its rivers every year, and there is a good chance that if you eat wild caught salmon, it has come from a Bristol Bay fishery.

Foreign mining companies want to develop North America's largest open pit gold, copper and molybdenum mine near the headwaters of these rivers. Open pit mining is the most destructive form of mining, and the toxic waste from the operation will be stored indefinitely behind earthen damns in an area of extremely high seismic activity-ie earthquakes. No one believes there won't be accidents and failures.

If you eat wild salmon, and recognize it for the precious resource that it is, please go to http://www.savebristolbay.org/takeaction and sign in support of protecting the Bristol Bay region.[/report]
[report]Wednesday bump- only three days left to comment on the EPA assessment for the Pebble Mine.
Go to www.savebristolbay.org/takeaction
It takes about a minute of your time.
BB6_27.JPG
BB6_27.JPG (92.58 KiB) Viewed 706 times
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay3.jpg
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay3.jpg (81.96 KiB) Viewed 706 times
BB7_31.JPG
BB7_31.JPG (50.24 KiB) Viewed 706 times
[/report]
[report]Tomorrow is the last day to comment on the EPA's assessment of the Pebble Mine. If you haven't already, please go to http://www.savebristolbay.org/takeaction and sign in support of protecting the Bristol Bay region from mining development.
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay2.jpg
Richard_C_Harrington_BristolBay2.jpg (163.21 KiB) Viewed 645 times
The interconnected watersheds that permeate the regions sustain the last intact salmon populations in the United States, amongst the largest in the world. The salmon are an integral part of that ecosystem, as well as the largest source of wild salmon in our own diets in the US.
BB8_25.jpg
BB8_25.jpg (76.26 KiB) Viewed 645 times
And some bigass char.
BB4_35.jpg
BB4_35.jpg (72.25 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Thanks for signing.[/report]

Hot Creek... Needs more cosplay...

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]