This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By shunned
my choice as of late is talisker 18yr though now I find I'm stuck with distiller's edition '99 until I can find another 18.
if your vote is worth it's salt I shall promise you I will go and purchase a bottle and we shall discuss.

if you propose bushmills, jameson or any other paddy bollocks (limited, distiller's choice, 18-25yrs) you will be asked to leave this discussion.
along with anything blended.

I don't care.
you're talking peasant nonsense. I've no time for peasants.

or the welsh.

huzzah!
By Surly
I prefer a Speyside over the peatier Islay whiskies. The Balvenie DoubleWood (world's gayest sounding whisky) is always around the house.
I prefer the Islay stuff. I'm currently working on a bottle of Ardbeg 10 year. I think it's the palest whiskey I've ever seen. Anyone else ever try the Glenlivet Nadurra? Really different, in a good way. I want to try it again.
I like Speyburn...not considered high end but it's single malt and tastes good. No cigar thread?
By root wad
They all are absolutely exquisite, 2Fish, when sipped out of a dented flask after releasing a high teens or better Kispiox buck. I do, however, admire your immediate attention to the somewhat significant provisioning details. I, for one, find it quite challenging to keep the Balvenie "always around the house."
By Adams
I too am an Islay guy. Laphroaig is my favorite, and I actually prefer the 10 yr old to the 18. Caol Illa is damned good too.
By Bobwhite
root wad wrote:I, for one, find it quite challenging to keep the Balvenie "always around the house."
Indeed... me too. Does this mean I have a problem?

The best I ever had, I'll probably never taste again. One of the members of a family on the Isle of Jura brought half a case of private stuff up to the lodge one summer. It was something else, and most definitely wasted on me.

I sort of like Macallen, and buy whatever "age" I can afford on that particular day.
By G_Smolt
Islay for this kid.

Loves me some Talisker too, but at $64/hit (AK prices), I can get away with a bottle every month or two before the Wife gets suspicious.

Caol Ila is a damn good pour, as is Bowmore 12. Laphroig is a little on the oily side, but still pretty damn good.

For everyday sippin' I go with Bowmore Legend (10yr) and McClellands Islay (7yr, from the Bowmore distillery).
By BearsFan
I like where you head is at.

Tried out a Glenmorangie 10yr this week and really did not like it. I did still managed to polish off the bottle though.

I am a speyside fan and tend to favor The Macallan. I do keep a bottle of $20 Lismore around at all times though, very good for the money.

Lately I have been trying to refine my taste in bourbon and that is where most of my hooch fund has been going. I am loving the Four Roses single barrel, good shit. Sorry to get off topic.

Feel free to drop this bottle in the post for me Uncle Mitch...

Man, fuck Hot Creek. I remember Carpe Tructa and B[…]

Rust Belt 2019

no $148 wings/pizza. fail. 'twas done. We j[…]

can we shut this down some more?

A Confession

^this re: what is wrong in my life that I must ge[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine