Unlimited Almost a TR thread

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fatman

Re: Unlimited Almost a TR thread

Post by fatman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm

not bad. for a Tuesday.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Palometa

Post by Palometa » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:19 pm

We walked up the fork on the right

Image[/report][/report]
Protect WYDAHO fish & game, fence out Utah.

fatman

Post by fatman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:17 pm

love the colors on that troot.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Mike Honcho

Post by Mike Honcho » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Cute sheep, what her name?
"Somewhere along the way you'll think you can take your ol' man,
Somewhere along the way you wish he was here to take you" - K.Hays

"I still love the sound of running water and the places it runs, and am drawn to it." - Ol' Man

~Semper et Ubique~

gill raker

Post by gill raker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 pm

fishskibum wrote:
Wow, you're TR was like a trip through my life. I grew up real close to where your hippy friends got married. After college, I lived 15 years in the town that's home to the Club Rio. Spent a lot of time working in and around GBNP. Any chance you did any fishing there? There's some beautiful native cutts real closeby. Moved back to the west part of the state a couple years ago...
"The tug is the drug." - Outcast

Thrillbilly

Post by Thrillbilly » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Decided to go back for a little night action. This time it was during the full moon, we got to the creek before sunset.

We sat at the truck and enjoyed some beverages while waiting for it to get a little darker. Finally Time to head down to the water and hopefully have some fun.

We didn't see very many rodents on the way down. The usual loud splashes on the water were absent as well. Fishing was slow but I finally got the skunk off.

and the release

Fished for a couple hours more with no luck so it was decided to head back to the truck around 12:35 for some snacks and more beverages. I attempted a long exposure shot without the help of a tripod. I attempted to hold the camera still on the fence but the shots still came out a little blurry, this was the best of them.

We went back down to the water and fished for about two more hours with nothing to show for it. At that point we decided to call it and headed back to town.

PACO*

Post by PACO* » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm

[report]

A quick overnight trip to a new spot.

Set up shop within a short walk of one of those Forks.

Dinner was quite nice.

Some ugly flies brought up a couple pretty fish.

Sunsets always seem more colorful away from home.

The evening's show.

Meat and potatoes.

Pit stop on the way home.

Off to living for the next one.[/report]

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:55 am

gill raker wrote:
fishskibum wrote:
Wow, you're TR was like a trip through my life. I grew up real close to where your hippy friends got married. After college, I lived 15 years in the town that's home to the Club Rio. Spent a lot of time working in and around GBNP. Any chance you did any fishing there? There's some beautiful native cutts real closeby. Moved back to the west part of the state a couple years ago...
didn't fish but plan to one of theses days.
my fiends and ski partners own/manage the jailhouse.
hit the road last week of aug
dig this time of year
cold ground was not my bed that night
vibes
was suposed to hook up w/ my bro and camp on the river but his uncle passed away and he bailed
hit the road to float w/ my pops
thought them jeebus lizards ate paleo
pick a fly
graybird day and not a lot of action up top
National TU bailed on the 5th annual one fly comp so the local vernal chapter threw togather a 1/2 assed version
musta been sum comunication breakdown cause word i got was i could row.
well it seems they decided to just hire guides this year and perhaps they thought gettin paid would ruin my volunteer experience.
and no one could take the time to tell me of their decision.
b4 the 4 hours i and my bro spent settin up the tents woulda been a good time
While disapointed w/ the decision the fact that no one had the balls to come tell me of your decision face to face like men and ya sent my dad down to tell me fuckin infuriates me to a point that i'm done with trout unlimited.
far be it for me to take work from a needy guide but i'm still emailing to find out when they made this decision and what exemption the one nonprofessional voli guide who got to row used sure as hell wasn't the volied all the previous events and was high boat/top guide last
that was sposed to be mine
I enjoyed doing voli work for good causes but i'd have a hard time workin for monetary gains for people who operate in a chix a bull shit manner
so not workin for frees is easy
ya that rant belongs in the bitchin room but i wouldn't leave my damn best friend, furkid and longtime fishin partner home, and drive to a river that has almost as many pretentious inflated egoed assholes per mile as fish to set up tents while the sponsoring chapter slept in, tied flies, whatever
fuck them and the lodge.
round noon my bro n i hit the river
my dad stuck a few
.Image
still not sure how magnets work and these didn't
once again catchin was reduced to buzzes but it was good to get a friend on what he called one of the most scenic rivers he ever floated
fri morn i did what any bum whose been told hes not good enough would do :bow
self medicated and hit the water to feed the poopfish addiction cause ive come to the conclusion that carp are way more challenging and entertaining to fish for than troots
gorgie day on the gorge
had a good dozen targets turned 2 saw the vacuum mouth open and thought it closed before the strip set but other than a couple good presentations that i thought shouda been eaten

was the soundtrack for the day
winds stayed down all day so i fished till 4:20 and hit the road makin it back to the 1st nights reservoir w/ enough daylight left to launch and
stick a few of these
rowin back in the dark i see a truck pull up to my campsite guys gett out n start bitchin i took their spot
and it turns out to be a couple cats who work for the ski shop ive been employed at the past 3 seasons.
consumed bacon wrapped steak chunks tastey livations and phat spliffs
the 3 of us hit the res the next morn
a few smallies and
saw a few big ole torpedoes tankers
managed to climb down and get a few shots but no eats other than juvie smallies sneakin in
tossed a few along here and there on the way home
damn once again another summers flew by
its harvest time in the garden
Image[/URL]
spent labor days weekend back laborin on the tools the slidin down snow covered slopes tribe uses
headed out sunday night to camp w/ a friend
got a couple lebowskis to eat
enjoyed a sweet sunset
and pegged a couple whipers w/ my bro the next morn
cool fish was hopin my 1st wouda been bigger but stoked to git one on the fly
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:30 am

This could've flown solo. I liked it all. It's easier to read your stuff after a couple tokes but I can still get the drift.
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Real good FSB.

Fuck those TU bastards for that. Ungrateful fucks.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:04 pm

looks like scott p chundered in your fly box, mate.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:49 am

Hogleg wrote:
Fuck those TU bastards for that. Ungrateful fucks.
I Like to think Bomar would be pissed that they didn't let me row.
not feeding my bro who spent the morning setting up your tents dinner was a sweet touch
If your event is dependent on the penny ante, nickle & dime food costs of pulled pork sloppy joes ,bean soup and waterlogged sysco corn cobs & coleslaw
your grasp of the big picture is probably lacking a bit
Good thing they went cheap cause the pissed off professional guide flingin a plate at the meal ticket dinner nazi wouda left a mark had ya not gone paper plates
honestly as rewarding as the voli work was attending my 1st bake trumped it all and is something i hope to be able to do again
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia