Unlimited Almost a TR thread

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
TX.

Re: Unlimited Almost a TR thread

Post by TX. » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:54 pm

[report]It seems that socks is too cool to post on msg boards now and is consumed by instasnapfacechapbookgram, so here is the tiger he got...what a cool freak of nature.
tiger_socks.jpg
tiger_socks.jpg (306.58 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
[/report]
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Damn. I didn't even know we had them here
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 am

[report]Yoga pants said we're going to a wedding on the 11th. I said ok.

Lucked out, my brother would be home, Bear is good with whatever. Heard the poop bite was hot from my girl Tammy.
The toilet was as nice as I remembered.
As far as I know there's not many dudes fly fishing for these things - they hate flies and don't pull hard so I wouldn't bother trying it.
It was like this.
And like this.
Then it was like this.
Always fun coming home.

The wedding had bbq pig and open bar with liquor. +2 points for people who wed properly.[/report]
"There's nothing more overrated than a piece of ass and there's nothing more underrated than a good shit." -Glen Blackwood

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

stillsteamin wrote:[report]Yoga pants said we're going to a wedding on the 11th. I said ok.

Lucked out, my brother would be home, Bear is good with whatever. Heard the poop bite was hot from my girl Tammy.
The toilet was as nice as I remembered.
As far as I know there's not many dudes fly fishing for these things - they hate flies and don't pull hard so I wouldn't bother trying it.
It was like this.
And like this.
Then it was like this.
Always fun coming home.

The wedding had bbq pig and open bar with liquor. +2 points for people who wed properly.[/report]
Hey Steamy, Gaspergou (Freshwater drum) make a delicious Courtbouillon, you should try it some time.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 am

Well shit, if there's anybody i trust to know how to cook a drum it's the cajuns. Just need a good spot for mud bugs up here and I could damn near have myself a feast.
"There's nothing more overrated than a piece of ass and there's nothing more underrated than a good shit." -Glen Blackwood

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 am

stillsteamin wrote:Well shit, if there's anybody i trust to know how to cook a drum it's the cajuns. Just need a good spot for mud bugs up here and I could damn near have myself a feast.
Here's directions viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18164&p=593626&hili ... on#p593626 . Substitute poop fish freshwater drum for the redfish. The shrimp aren't mandatory either, but they add to it.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:48 am

Well heck - it's been a while. My Pike in the River obsession has only strengthened. I have seen some big fish and hooked one twice. One strike was right at my rod tip and one of my knots was in the tip top. That happened pretty quickly and in the aftermath I tossed my rod into the grass and rolled around in the poison ivy and cactus, Penitente style. Same fish, same spot went to my backing and got my line around a rock out on the bottom of the river. There were no sharp objects in my pack so I just ate some poison ivy for variety.

Most of the time I'm limited on time - do I look for more spots or go pound my well known spots again? I really need to go where the fish are first and if I see some I can explore. Some really good spots have gotten written off in the past - and it was the fishing that sucked not the spot. Every new spot is an investment in a big hike and/or an insane bushwhack. Lots and lots of blanks. I have to ignore the fact that there are big trout there too. I drive past some impossibly beautiful stuff on the way in and out of the canyon - and am in such a hurry that I never stop and take photos. Here's one I stole from the net (I'd give credit but there's not attribution)

You guys in other parts of the country consider them a pest but here they are exotic and hard to catch. I'm pretty dense but it's taken me over ten years to get a sniff of these fish.

Yesterday was a blank but I had a gigantic fish casually follow my fly for 25 feet....

One day I will have a photo of the Landlord Pike for you guys, but for now there's these.

Friday evening after working on the fence I grabbed some stuff and went...

No Problem - I have my leather flip flops.
Last edited by Bruiser on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:58 am

Keep on truckin buddy

this is good shit
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:07 pm

hells yea Bruiser :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 am

ImageImage
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Real good Dibs.

Real good.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

ChaseChrome

Post by ChaseChrome » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 am

Harvest indeed…
:cool
All thinking men are atheists...E. Hemingway

Sometimes hipness is what it ain't...Tower of P

Apparently they believe that putting a see through skirt on a word makes it OK...Average Joe