Unlimited Almost a TR thread

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Spicytuna

Re: Unlimited Almost a TR thread

Post by Spicytuna » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:12 pm

the best thing about this thread is when you forget about it then go back to it and there is like 7 stellar additions.

Way to roll on boys
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

[report]took an annual trip north to the bc powder hwy and the Vallhalla hut in the selkirks
involved ups n downs
outcast was before my time but speaks to the soulof this place & ya don't bother replacin your windsheild before canada
fuck fry sauce
ended up in Nacksup
guess theres #fishpic4mitch
1st time in over a dozen of these trips the
showed up and the cloud deck didnt rise and yup a day hangin in the lz down
backcounrty skiing's a series of ups n downs
and some of the downers suck
so back down to naksup on the shores of arrowhead lake and try again tommarrow after noon
blue skys n fly
headed up that afternoon
n downs with enjoyable upsides
we roll these trips un guided and uncatered so it was my night to man the grill n dish dawg

that night the winds cranked and unlike fishing they have a tendency to fuck your playing field hard
and almost always brings the variability factor
next day the ups n downs continue
the winds cranked again and the wife didn't want to stay in the alpine and go up to the pass
so her and i bailed to stay in the wind sheltered trees and mr toaster lee and jonhnny who is Canadian and bears a striking resemblence to chase chromes avatar and is built like a bear
headed ups
the wife and i spun a few more laps n headed home
bout o darkthirty we get the radio call johnny lost a ski were headed back meet us with one of his spares

well the part about avalaunches full burials, rescues and resuscitation was released later on a need to know basis
and the difference tweeen me throwin a few picks up in the random thread and starting a thread in the memory of one of my highschool homies and
partners responsible for this addiction of ups n downs
is other partners training and responding to the mother nature shitting tons of snow onto your fan
by doing what needs to be done fast and efficiently
thankfully he wasn't buried deep,didn't go for a long ride they didn't need to use probes and he started breathing again once they dug down and removed the snow from his face aside from what we'd found out later was a partially torn achielles he was alright
from that point on the whole context of the trip changes
how could it not
and im not gonna babble on about risk tolerances the concepts of dieing doing whatcha love, terrain choice decisions, black swan events
mmacqbing its part of the game
and well not everybody gits or digs my stoner stream of semi conscience style of writing
nother day dawns and ya gotta get up to git down
our hutkeepers were a shredding 30sumthin divorced cougar Leah and a twenty sumthin rippin skier brit babe Kate
after a run in the sun mr toaster and i headed up to see if we could needle in a haystack johhny's missin ski and check out the slide
at one time this was a foot deep skin track trench
windfunked into a raised skintrack
couple hours later we get up to the pass
Image and
hellofa lot bigger than they described or remembered it in the flat light that night
the power of snow and its behavior is an amazing thing
after an hour or so more of the crew showed up
each with their own theory of what part of the haystack held the needle
one of em worked and after some strategic shovel skills practice and repeated safety briefings
mission accomplished
Image[/report]
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 pm

:cool Excellent. Survival is also excellent. Thanks for the Cider and stuff. The Utah Avalanche #2 went on an Alpine Tecnica.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm

I lost a friend Tuesday to an avalanche Dibs so this strikes a cord. Those pills are always hard to swallow because you know they were doing what they loved like you say, but still, they're just as dead and gone.

Sounds like he made an ill advised decision to ride his timber sled somewhere he shouldn't have or at least at a moment he shouldn't have.

Pour one for Jesse Christiansen, he was a good dude.

Lots of fun to be had rolling those dice with the highest of stakes.

I'm glad you and your crew made out ok Dibs. Looks like the W tried to harsh your buzz pretty hard.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Sorry for your loss, Hogleg. Sip will be poured.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Dibs,

I'm starting to follow your language pretty good now. Either I'm getting more fluent in Dibs-speak or you're getting more fluent in English. I think spending a few days on a desert river together definitely helped closed the gap for sure.

Either way, I still struggle a bit, and need a translation of this word you threw out: "mmacqbing".

"No replacements found" when I right click on it.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 am

'Wow' is about all I can say.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:21 am

thats wild, glad you guys were ok.
sorry for your loss hog.
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:36 am

monday morn armchair quarterbacks never throws pick 6ers
vibes on your loss
Vallhalla variablity camp continued with
[report]when in vallhalla
did sum winter trundling and skied the forbidden zone
it aint verboten but a bitch of an upper
for a variability laced downer
fuckin needless 4" windfunked slab crusts of daudders
dis
led to dats
to happy hour and magics mushroom pasta party night keepin my old man ass upper past midnight
breakfast of russian astronaught champions
well ifin ya summit volcano mountain and smack a lefty down the vape you'll be safe in the dreadlock basin mon
mur dis
mur dats
and watched the other part of the crew shred som d'udda
Image[/report]
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Sorry about your friend Hogleg - I haven't worn my beacon since my knee so it's been a while. Your buddy and Dib's photo sent a chill up my spine. Hope his family is OK.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

upshitscreek

Post by upshitscreek » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:45 pm

This is one of those trips that didn't click on all cylinders as a trip report so I'll just put this flaming turd here and back away slowly.

It was a kind of fuck-it-got-a-few-days 5 day solo backpack trip to an area that still has some lakes not yet explored..... last July.

Better late than never, assholes.

If nothing else, it's a sign of this damned winter being over, a shit ton of snow melting soon and hitting some more high country lakes and creeks this coming season.

oh and....

cheers, retards.
Last edited by upshitscreek on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 am

You always make me second guess the topography and landmarks. I think I know some of those peaks, but I'm not sure.

Let's do something in North Park this year.

Edit: not my hood. might want to take that map shot out. I found it in about 2 seconds.
boy in long pants