This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By cantfishforshit
K_P wrote:TV drama boys.

The Montana guy is a half hour from me. I have nothing but respect for him and those who've chosen to live "up Yaak," but the program is heavy on hyperbole. The show says he has to go more than 100 miles to a supermarket. I count at least a dozen of them in that range, including a WalMart SuperCenter. The risk of grizzlies, cougars, and black bears, while present, is IMHO hugely overstated.

Lastly, the theme that he has to find a whitetail buck before the Yaak's 7 month winter sets in or "he might not make it" wouldn't be true even IF the winters were that long.

Entertaining, but let's not get too carried away here...
Oh sure. The in Montana and NC have my respect in that they make their own way, but I don't believe they are that remote with neighbors nearby. The guy in Alaska is in the middle of friggin nowhere from what I can tell.
By DeShootnestGent'man
K_P wrote:TV drama boys.

The Montana guy is a half hour from me. I have nothing but respect for him and those who've chosen to live "up Yaak," but the program is heavy on hyperbole. The show says he has to go more than 100 miles to a supermarket. I count at least a dozen of them in that range, including a WalMart SuperCenter. The risk of grizzlies, cougars, and black bears, while present, is IMHO hugely overstated.

Lastly, the theme that he has to find a whitetail buck before the Yaak's 7 month winter sets in or "he might not make it" wouldn't be true even IF the winters were that long.

Entertaining, but let's not get too carried away here...
I know, old sport. You're spot on in your analysis. I guess what I enjoy is mainstream media's interpretation of what constitutes "life in the outdoors". That and I adore pointing out to my wife, the copious inaccuracies contained within. Of course, like most reality TV, the only reason I chastise those involved is because I'm just sitting at the house doing fuck all. You! hypocrite lecteur!—mon semblable,—mon frère! 
By jerms
I like when they pan by the Montana dude's place and there is a dish network dish mounted right on the house.
By mrl0004
How Marty has survived this long is beyond me. I never never seen someone so air-headed in a place so unforgiving. :bomb
By DeShootnestGent'man
From the episodes I've seen thus far, by my count he has trapped exactly one martin and had to replace a snowmobile engine. I'm thinking his ROI is a bit low just now. He's got a good attitude though but that likely begets you fuck all in the frozen north. Eustice smoked a nice slick head on last nights re-run with what appeared to be a Ruger Model 1 .270, however the rifle he had while sitting the tree in a full ghillie suit looked to be a Rueger. I know, who the fuck cares? It's something I always do though, I look for the inaccuracies in films. Things about which the director clearly didn't give a shit, like planes or guns (I'm sure some of you all picked apart, "River Runs Through It"... I mean, shadow casting, really?
By SLSS
DeShootnestGent'man wrote:(I'm sure some of you all picked apart, "River Runs Through It"... I mean, shadow casting, really?
There was way more romance to fyfishing when it was only written about, rather than filmed and inter-webbed about.
By Native Chaser
why does marty where so much fucking cotton....

like u can afford an airplane, how can u not afford some proper clothing?
By Crick Addict
Martys' snowmachine sure is a POS. He's always breaking down, and when he's not breaking down, he
finds a way to crash it, and then....drama pursues. Wolves....always the wolves. :bomb
By mrl0004
Crick Addict wrote:Martys' snowmachine sure is a POS. He's always breaking down, and when he's not breaking down, he
finds a way to crash it, and then....drama pursues. Wolves....always the wolves. :bomb

And always without his rifle. :gun
By DeShootnestGent'man
mrl0004 wrote:
Crick Addict wrote:Martys' snowmachine sure is a POS. He's always breaking down, and when he's not breaking down, he

And always without his rifle. :gun
Yes! Just saw the preview for Thursday's new episode. Marty eats shit on the ski. I wonder for what sum wolf fur sells these days. That's what I'd be dish ragging.
By Shufisher
finds a way to crash it,
You would think the cameraman and crew would occasionally lend a hand...very inconsiderate.
By mrl0004
Shufisher wrote:
finds a way to crash it,
You would think the cameraman and crew would occasionally lend a hand...very inconsiderate.
They're probably like, "Really dude? For fuck sakes, we're going ride behind you on our snowmobiles while you walk 10mi back to your cabin."

I saw one where he bit the dust on the snowmobile because he hit a huge limb (that he saw beforehand). He said, "I saw it, but I thought I could jump it." If I was out there with a dodgy snow mobile that i had already replaced the engine in, I wouldn't be trying any X games shit on it. :bomb
ARGENTINA 2020 PART IV

w w w. Fakepassportonline.cc - Number one producer[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

birth control's come a bit late.

alive but shuffling.

Looks like you are having good days on the water m[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine